Replacing "Bass Module" of parent's Acoustimass 15 System - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-19-2012, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, my parents Acoustimass 15 Bass Module (when plugged in) emits a 60hz-70hz tone then shuts off after a while after it was used during a party.

Note: the whole thing is set up into the ceiling & they love the small cubes satellite speakers (so changing them is not an option). Believe me, if they let me I'd go to town here with a new setup.

So I disassembled it and just took out the crossover section, in the front cover (doesn't need to be powered). So I have sound going to the 5 satellites, yet now I have no sub.

EDIT: Cancelled the order for a BIC F12, just to make sure the sub can play as high as the cubes cross over. 250hz some are saying. (Don't think the bic is highly rated there). F**k this system.

I'm guessing if I plug in the BIC and set the crossover freq to 100hz, there will be a hole between 100-250hz (when the little cubes kick in).

How do you think this will play out? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-20-2012, 05:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
The Bic F12 states to be able to reach 200Hz. I'd set the crossover there and see how it sounds. It will have a hole in the frequency range, but honestly I don't think it will be anything your parents aren't familiar with. Considering this is Bose and all.

But using the F12 over the bose bass module would be a huge improvement. That is of course, if the bose doesn't filter out frequencies below 50 or 40Hz.

I say give it a shot. If anything getting the F12 is a good starting point and could eventually cause your parents to want new speakers all around.

post #3 of 5 Old 10-30-2013, 09:40 AM

Liked: 11

Hello,

I have an Acoustimass 15 Home Theater Speaker System which I purchased 14 years ago and has given me great surround sound from my TV. Last week the left rear speaker quit working and after checking all connections I've determined the problem is from the plug in at the back of the woofer system. How can this be repaired and how do you remove the back?

Thanks,

Ed

spyboy likes this.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-30-2013, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I would give serious consideration to call a Bose Store, or even the closest Bose Outlet Store. They have some knowledge of the workings of the bass module and the cubes.

Best Regards
post #5 of 5 Old 10-30-2013, 10:15 AM

Liked: 18
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page