Can you pair a JL Audio Fathom f110 with an f112 for two channel? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-23-2012, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased an f110 for two channel along side focal micro utopia be's with the intention of mating it with a second f110 in the near future when the budget allows. The AVS Forum was very helpful in choosing JL Audio. I have thus far been very satisfied with even the single f110. In the 25 or so years that I have been into audio, I hadn't up till now appreciated how thrilling it is to have adequate bass in my system. So I am wondering if, when ready to buy the second sub, that I should get the f112 as a mate to my f110 instead of a second f110? The dealer suggested that I would be better off with two f110's than a single f113 but if I had the money, I should go with two f112's or two f113's. Incidently, my room is approximately 14X16. Thank you in advance for the suggestions and feeback.
Lorne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
TBH, unless your sub is much farther away than your speakers and your sub isn't noticeably distorting/compressing, then your single f110 should be sufficient for your speakers. Adding another f110 can smooth the in-room response (a valid reason for adding another identical sub) and will give you even more output (which you might never use).
IMHO, going for the more expensive sub is a waste of money (and, again IMHO, if your in-room response is "smooth enough", then buying another of any sub might be a waste of money).
But, if you do add another sub, then make it another f110.

You say you're satisfied with your system, so things could be worse. smile.gif
People can expect too much from an upgrade/addition (expecting the same increase they received when they went from none to one) and are severely disappointed when they hear what they get (and those JL aren't cheap).
If your dealer will loan you an f110, you could then hear what you'll get for that extra money at very little risk.

Two would seem to be two too many to me too.
Sarcasm is the sincerest form of flattery.
I bid you a fondue.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-01-2013, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you Oliver Deplace for your response.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Is this for Audio or HT ?

You can mix subs if the subs are fed mono signal . If your going to feed them separate left and right signal and the subs would be placed near the left and right speakers then identical subs would be ideal
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers