Boomy bass when couch is touching rear wall. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 12-26-2012, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
dazkyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Malta , Santa Lucia
Posts: 500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is the reason when i watch a movie with the couch touching the rear wall i get boomy bass from the sub and when i movie it 16 inches forward and i become closer to the middle of the room i get punchy and smooth bass ? Sub woofer is in the front left corner touching the front wall and the side wall.
dazkyl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 12-26-2012, 03:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
shadyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,349
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Bass is always stronger along the room surfaces, and typically gets weaker the further you are toward the middle of the room. You have to either equalize the subwoofer for your listening position or move your listening position up to a point where you are happier with the sound.
shadyJ is online now  
post #3 of 7 Old 12-26-2012, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
dazkyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Malta , Santa Lucia
Posts: 500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post

Bass is always stronger along the room surfaces, and typically gets weaker the further you are toward the middle of the room. You have to either equalize the subwoofer for your listening position or move your listening position up to a point where you are happier with the sound.
Thats what i did. I moved the couch some inches forward and now im happy with the bass. Thanks for the help.
dazkyl is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 12-26-2012, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cneely8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,535
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
put the couch where you want it (ideally NOT against the back wall) and then google "crawl test" for ideas on where to place the sub.
cneely8 is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 02-08-2013, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,735
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Searching for "sub crawl" will probably get better results. biggrin.gif
Alan P is online now  
post #6 of 7 Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sputter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl View Post

What is the reason when i watch a movie with the couch touching the rear wall i get boomy bass from the sub and when i movie it 16 inches forward and i become closer to the middle of the room i get punchy and smooth bass ? Sub woofer is in the front left corner touching the front wall and the side wall.

Why not stick to the thread you already started? rolleyes.gif
sputter1 is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 02-08-2013, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bill Fitzmaurice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 9,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1192
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1 View Post

Why not stick to the thread you already started? rolleyes.gif
His first day here he started four threads on the same subject. At least he's getting better. tongue.gif

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Bill Fitzmaurice is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off