Should I add a 2d sub and if so a slightly better (lower ext) one? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My room is 16 x 13 x 10 closed. The current setup is 5.1, 100% HT use (music is in another room). L/R/C speakers are Atlantic Tech 2200s, with Mirage Omnisat v2 surrounds and a DefTech ProSub 1000. Xover is at 120 hz. The DefTech is fine from 35 - 80 and 110 - 120 but has about a 8 db valley between 90 and 110 ( a new pre pro with better eq than my old Denon 2307 might help that) So, adding a 2d sub would mainly be to give some extension below 35hz and perhaps to fill in a bit between 80 and 110. Thus it should be similar to but better in low extension and flat mid-bass than than the DefTech. Would that be a wise move or would there be too much incongruity? Would the benefit likely justify the cost?

There isn't much space left in the room except close to where the DefTech is now located (2 ft away from each wall, NW corner). I could fit one on the other side of the tv stand (toward the SW side of room near the door such that it would be about 10 ft away from the DefTech. The size would need to be small though, like a SVS SB1000 or NHT B-10 (12" cubed), maybe a NHT B-12 (14") at largest). It needs to be black. Budget would be in that same range ($500).

Thanks guys!

Go Duke !
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page