post #31 of 44 Old 12-31-2012, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayter View Post

I will . but I'm in Egypt . and such technical call would cost me all my christmas money tongue.gif
hmm.. I think I would finally go with a PB-12 NSD ... it got the AUDIOHOLICS bassaholic large room rating , which means that it would provide adequate headroom in rooms ranging from 3000-5000 cubic feet and people listening at high levels ( like me) .... pretty promising reviews ...
Happy new year . smile.gif

yea trust me the pb12 is a BEAST, i have one so i would know smile.gif i love it so much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 01-01-2013, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post

It was also stated:
That statement sounds like you need be some kind of golden ear audiophile to distinguish a difference. Again, based on what SVS is telling you, it doesn't make a lot of sense to purchase an SB12-NSD at $150 dollars more.

I don't want to butcher Doug's words in my quote of his, but to try and be as accurate as possible, he did say "minimal" regarding sound quality between differentiating the SB and PB lines, while "trained ear," were my words trying to summarize his. Apologies to the readers as well as SVS.

It was mentioned in that conversation that in the frequency range of popular music (40-80Hz,) the SB12-NSD would excel in accurate output delivery over the PB-1000.

The footprint of the SB lines is a huge seller with people dealing with limited space like me. BTW, I know PB12-NSD keeps coming up as a popular and well known alternative, I'd just like to mention that the PC12-NSD has a smaller footprint, and nearly exact same specifications as the PB12 model; it's just 3' tall and slightly cheaper. I was about to pull the trigger on the PB12-NSD when Doug stopped me - knowing my limited space from previous conversations - and recommended the PC12-NSD instead, along with telling me that I qualify for military discount that I had no idea of...who does that these days, seriously?

Anyway, my PC12-NSD Xmas present to myself had been waiting to be unwrapped for a while when I was on vacation in Colorado visiting family...I landed yesterday and just unboxed it getting everything properly setup today...it's a beast lol! It sits right behind my couch and I swear to God when I'm watching movies with heavy bass I'm getting a back massage the entire time lol!
post #33 of 44 Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

yea trust me the pb12 is a BEAST, i have one so i would know smile.gif i love it so much.

I'm sure im gonna fall in love , too wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace79 View Post

Anyway, my PC12-NSD Xmas present to myself had been waiting to be unwrapped for a while when I was on vacation in Colorado visiting family...I landed yesterday and just unboxed it getting everything properly setup today...it's a beast lol! It sits right behind my couch and I swear to God when I'm watching movies with heavy bass I'm getting a back massage the entire time lol!

I'm also looking forward to having one of these bass towers smile.gif

I shall be telling this with a sigh..
Somewhere ages and ages hence..
Two roads diverged in a wood and I..
I took the one less-travelled by..
And that has made all the difference..
post #34 of 44 Old 01-02-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Just hooked up my new SB12 NSD a few mins ago. So far it sounds very good. Looks nice and is not a space hog for my smaller bedroom.

Panny 60VT60 Acurus 200x3
Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 Oppo 83's Pioneer Elite DV 59AVI
Paradigm SIg2 v3's & 490cc
Pioneer Elite SC61 SVS SB12NSD
2 S-VHS VCR's
post #35 of 44 Old 01-02-2013, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post

Just hooked up my new SB12 NSD a few mins ago. So far it sounds very good. Looks nice and is not a space hog for my smaller bedroom.

Great to hear this ..

Keep listening , and give us the detailed feedback smile.gif

I shall be telling this with a sigh..
Somewhere ages and ages hence..
Two roads diverged in a wood and I..
I took the one less-travelled by..
And that has made all the difference..
post #36 of 44 Old 01-02-2013, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayter View Post

Great to hear this ..
Keep listening , and give us the detailed feedback smile.gif

Will do. The auto cal on my Pionneer Elite SC61 had the sub set so low it had no LFE effect almost, once i went into the speaker setup and changed the setting myself the new sub sounds very good.

Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 S-VHS VCR's
post #37 of 44 Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post

Will do. The auto cal on my Pionneer Elite SC61 had the sub set so low it had no LFE effect almost, once i went into the speaker setup and changed the setting myself the new sub sounds very good.

So you went from the ported PB to the sealed SB? What are your impressions so far?
post #38 of 44 Old 09-30-2013, 01:32 PM

Liked: 10
I'm also very interested in your impressions as I have a PB-1000 and was considering swapping for a SB-12 NSD to get a tighter sound.
post #39 of 44 Old 12-29-2013, 07:44 PM

Liked: 15

What ever happened here? Right when the best part comes the thread stopped. Please ChasLS2 let us know how you made out and whether it was a good move or not. I'm torn between subs and want to order from SVS tonight. Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

post #40 of 44 Old 08-08-2014, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I am in this boat now unless I just decide to buy a used sub locally such as the klipsch rsw12. Thoughts on if the pb1000 or sb12 is better? I chatted with someone from svs and they recommend the pb1000 but then why does the sb12 cost more? It has a better amp and better hardware and it's sealed so it should be more musical. I have a feeling the guys at svs just prefer ported subs to be honest. Any thoughts from those who have heard both? Can a sb12 manage deep bass in movies and shake the room?
post #41 of 44 Old 08-08-2014, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac415 View Post
I am in this boat now unless I just decide to buy a used sub locally such as the klipsch rsw12. Thoughts on if the pb1000 or sb12 is better? I chatted with someone from svs and they recommend the pb1000 but then why does the sb12 cost more? It has a better amp and better hardware and it's sealed so it should be more musical. I have a feeling the guys at svs just prefer ported subs to be honest. Any thoughts from those who have heard both? Can a sb12 manage deep bass in movies and shake the room?
Hi. I have a 2xsb12nsd in a 1600 cubic feet room. I had a ported sub before (just one mirage omni S12) and i always thought it sounded boomy in my room...sb sound miles better, no boominess but it doesent have that room shaking force that poreted had...sure if i listen at -15 or -10 (runing them 6db hot with dyn EQ at -10 db and i still have a 3db headroom in war of the worlds POD scene before limiter kicks in) in movies you can feel the sofa and floor shaking but it is not the sam feeling as with ported in movies...in music it is superb as they doesent drive attention to them they just blend perfectly with my bx6 from monitor audio. I have SVS subs for more than a year and i think i miss a little more grunt in the 20 or lower in movies...but on the other hand i am happy that boominess is gone and i still have tons of bass. If i had a place for PB12+ or PB13 ultra i would by one and for movies run it in ported and music in sealed mode...you have to decide what are your preferences if i would be buying now i would probably go ported...guess i am more of a bass head than i thought but my wife prefers sealed
post #42 of 44 Old 08-09-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accuphase View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by CHASLS2 

So you went from the ported PB to the sealed SB? What are your impressions so far?
The sealed sounds better in my sealed bedroom.

Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 S-VHS VCR's
post #43 of 44 Old 08-09-2014, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
The sealed sounds better in my sealed bedroom.
I agree with you...in my sealed living room sealed also sounds better than ported...ported sounded somewhat boomy...but i miss a little more impact down low in movies I think SB ultra 13 might be the answer but is a little too expensive in europe...and PSA XS30se would also be my first choice but sadly is not available in Europe
post #44 of 44 Old 08-09-2014, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

I may order a SB13 Ultra.

Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD