Velodyn VX-11, Dayton Sub-1200 or Bic f12 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 101 Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rnconync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post

Yes. All speakers should be within about 1.5db of each other. wink.gif
Maybe an issue with the amp. Since the sub is new have them exchange it. Also, there is no need to use the Y's since you have more then enough initial gain to begin with.
Ian
Sounds great, thanks a lot for the help, I really do appreciate you helping me get it figured out...I'll drop the y cables and level up the subs again...I'm working on contacting velodyne about the sub...
rnconync is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 101 Old 01-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Senior Member
 
ceh383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Acton, CA
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
A bad potentiometer (gain knob) would explain a lot...
That and the popping noise = Exchange it....

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Where I work... www.rpm-psi.com
ceh383 is offline  
post #93 of 101 Old 01-22-2013, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rnconync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceh383 View Post

A bad potentiometer (gain knob) would explain a lot...
That and the popping noise = Exchange it....
That is what I am hoping for....this may have been happening all along...not sure
rnconync is offline  
post #94 of 101 Old 01-25-2013, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rnconync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Well, I'm getting an advanced replacement from Velodyne and then sending back the damaged one. Hopefully things will work out good with this one smile.gif I also found a good ole' Realistic (radio shack) SPL meter on ebay for $21.50 shipped, so I will return the new one that cost me almost $60...I am also interest in the older one because I see they have calibratiIon files and all for that SPL meter on the RE W site...so I might play around with that too smile.gif The one I got is the digital one, I think the analog one has some calibration issues from what I have read....but things are still sounding good so far, even though I'm down to one sub again.
Thanks again for the help, I'll let you know if I have any issues when the new one arrives.
rnconync is offline  
post #95 of 101 Old 01-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Member
 
4orced4door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
4orced4door is offline  
post #96 of 101 Old 01-26-2013, 07:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,032
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4orced4door View Post

Got my stands built:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1454399/built-stands-for-my-velodyne-vx-11s
Nice! What was the total cost for material?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is offline  
post #97 of 101 Old 01-26-2013, 07:07 AM
Member
 
4orced4door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Spent about $30 out of pocket on the MDF, carpet, rigid foam, and black spray paint, but already had spray glue and sound deadening foam.
4orced4door is offline  
post #98 of 101 Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 AM
Member
 
4orced4door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnconync View Post

Well, I'm getting an advanced replacement from Velodyne and then sending back the damaged one. Hopefully things will work out good with this one smile.gif I also found a good ole' Realistic (radio shack) SPL meter on ebay for $21.50 shipped, so I will return the new one that cost me almost $60...I am also interest in the older one because I see they have calibratiIon files and all for that SPL meter on the RE W site...so I might play around with that too smile.gif The one I got is the digital one, I think the analog one has some calibration issues from what I have read....but things are still sounding good so far, even though I'm down to one sub again.
Thanks again for the help, I'll let you know if I have any issues when the new one arrives.

One of my subs showed up damaged. The box was intact but the sub had a busted corner, like it had been damaged in production and boxed anyway. Odd. Velodyne has been a bit of a pain to deal with on the return. Slow service, lack of comprehension of emails, still haven't picked up the sub or shipped me a replacement despite what they've said.

4orced4door is offline  
post #99 of 101 Old 01-26-2013, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mailiang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Springsteen Country
Posts: 6,632
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4orced4door View Post

One of my subs showed up damaged. The box was intact but the sub had a busted corner, like it had been damaged in production and boxed anyway. Odd. Velodyne has been a bit of a pain to deal with on the return. Slow service, lack of comprehension of emails, still haven't picked up the sub or shipped me a replacement despite what they've said.

Send a PM to Rob Morse Director of Velodyne Support Services, who also manages the AVS Velodyne support thread. I'm certain he will get back to you and help resolve this issue ASAP.

http://www.avsforum.com/u/8240265/rob-morse


Ian wink.gif

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

mailiang is offline  
post #100 of 101 Old 01-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Member
 
4orced4door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the tip! If they don't sort me out Monday I'll do that.
4orced4door is offline  
post #101 of 101 Old 01-26-2013, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rnconync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4orced4door View Post

One of my subs showed up damaged. The box was intact but the sub had a busted corner, like it had been damaged in production and boxed anyway. Odd. Velodyne has been a bit of a pain to deal with on the return. Slow service, lack of comprehension of emails, still haven't picked up the sub or shipped me a replacement despite what they've said.

That sucks, I was going to suggest the same as Ian, either PM the guy or post in the Velodyne support thread...they seem very responsive there. I emailed velodyne support directly and got an initial response back first thing the next morning, but subsequent responses were kind of slow via email. I finally just called the support number yesterday and had the replacement setup and on it's way within an hour or so of talking to the guy there, he was quite helpful in speeding the process up. Email service is great if you can get timely responses, otherwise it is just frustrating...They did an advanced replacement at my requested, so it required a charge of $114 to send out the replacement and then I will be credited the amount when the other sub is returned. They also emailed me a prepaid UPS shipping label for the return.
rnconync is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Velodyne Vx 11

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off