Quick noob question about Precision Acoustics 15" 250-Watt Powered Subwoofer (HD15S) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-08-2013, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got the above, I have a Pioneer receiver that has two sub outputs. I plugged in the new sub to the first output and ran the sound config on the receiver with the mic and it did the tests and I heard the sub. After it was done I watched the movie Prometheus on Blu Ray and I turn the volume up half way on the sub and didn’t hear a whole lot. I figured with a sub this big I should have heard a lot more. Can any of the experts offer a suggestion as to why this may be happening?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-08-2013, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 290
You turned up the sub volume after running the mic calibration? You shouldn't do that. You should adjust the sub level with your AVR if possible. There's a reason you ran that calibration after all...to calibrate your speaker levels. wink.gif

For your issue: is the sub producing ANY sound when watching movies? Is the speaker cone moving?
post #3 of 5 Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for the reply. Actually I did go into the AVR config and changed the SW setting from ‘YES’ to ‘PLUS’. Apparently ‘YES’ only outputs the low frequency stuff to the sub while ‘PLUS’ will output the low frequency stuff plus some of the bass that would be going to the front two speakers. So I am getting a lot more bass now from the sub. I still don’t think it’s as much as maybe it should be. I am using a regular audio cable from the AVR to the sub, should I be using one specifically designed for SW’s?
post #4 of 5 Old 01-09-2013, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Regular audio cable should be fine, but Monoprice has some nice sub cables for cheap.

That "Plus" setting is most likely giving you "double bass" - outputing to both your sub and your front channels. Some like it that way, purists would say don't do it.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-09-2013, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks again for the info. I grabbed a regular audio cable that's long enough. I will probably turn the volume down on the sub and re-run the AVR sound config again and then increase the volume on the sub from there if i need too.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Acoustics , Subwoofers , Precision Acoustics Brand

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page