Energy Take Classic 8" Sub - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,

Looking for some assistance on trying to fix my subwoofer. Its the generic subwoofer which comes with the Energy Take Classic 5.1 surround sound system. Model number is ESW-8. I bought it second hand, several months ago and it all of a sudden died. I've noticed over the past month it has cut out a few times but always came back on. Yesterday when I turned it on, the blue light in the front comes on but no sound. I swapped the cable out with a regular RCA cable, but same thing, no luck. I tried multiple receives but same thing.

Today I called around and there is no one in my area that fixes electronics anymore frown.gif

I took it apart and the fuze looked fine, but i replaced it anyway, same thing. I ensured all cables were connected nice and secure, but same thing. I don't see any burn marks on the circuit board, after plugging it in the circuit board feels warm, so there's power going through it. None of the capacitors are bulging. I have never fixed anything like this before, but have tried everything I can think of on the basic knowledge I have.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, I would really prefer not to have to buy a whole new sub, as they are not cheap! lol

Thanks,
Chizzler P1040032.JPG 3438k .JPG file P1040039.JPG 4522k .JPG file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040032.JPG (3.36 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1040039.JPG (4.42 MB, 15 views)