Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post
Thanks!

So has everyone bought their kits directly from Crowson? I guess I was wondering if perhaps there were some vendors out there offering better pricing.

I'll give my local vendors a call tomorrow and see what they say.
If I am not mistaken, Crowson is based in California and it appears so are you. I did check with my "local" vendor here in Canada but the price they were asking was simply ridiculous. In fact, even with the horrendous exchange rate I came out substantially ahead by going directly to Crowson. Hopefully your local vendor will treat you right but if not call Crowson directly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 374 Old 09-08-2014, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 52
They're about 130miles from me. However they do show a vendor who's only about 10 minutes from me. I'll give them a jingle in the morning and see what they say.

My Quad LMS Ultra 5400 Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #363 of 374 Old 09-12-2014, 11:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Switched to an NU3000DSP from an NU1000DSP. They came alive a bit more These things are so good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #364 of 374 Old 09-13-2014, 03:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnyt View Post
Switched to an NU3000DSP from an NU1000DSP. They came alive a bit more These things are so good.
They most certainly are! Been only a few weeks since I have them and I just can't imagine going back. One of the best investments I ever made.
post #365 of 374 Old 09-13-2014, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Yep, the 3000 dsp is what I use. Since the Crowsons are 8 ohms that's about perfect since the 3000 puts out around 500 watts (real watts not specs) if I'm not mistaken. Randall told me the Crowsons can handle 500 watts with no problems just don't run sine waves through them continuously - haha, not sure why anyone would want to do that.

The only person that hasn't been wowed is my good buddy Archaea. He says they are subtle and doesn't really notice them. Even when I turned them on and off - and it's SOOOO obvious when you switch them on and off - he was like "meh, it's ok".

Everyone else loves them. Not sure what's up with that... maybe it's because he's a friggin huge dude and he is weighing down my seat too much? Or he is comparing to his buttkickers. I find the buttkickers gimmicky and fake and the crowsons feel exactly like subs do just more of it.

post #366 of 374 Old 09-13-2014, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

I swear this place is a killer to your wallet! Lol

So I guess I'll order up a couple of transducers and a NU3000 next week.

post #367 of 374 Old 09-13-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

I have mine limited to 89v in bridged mode to prevent overpowering the transducers. I'm also using some dynamic EQ on them so they're more impactful at lower listening levels without being overkill at higher levels.

They definitely get a workout with this new amp =]

post #368 of 374 Old 09-13-2014, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
I have mine limited to 89v in bridged mode to prevent overpowering the transducers. I'm also using some dynamic EQ on them so they're more impactful at lower listening levels without being overkill at higher levels.

They definitely get a workout with this new amp =]
Yeah, I love the dynamic eq function for the crowsons too, another reason why the inuke 3000dsp is a perfect match.

post #369 of 374 Old 09-13-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quick question for you two. If you're using dynamic EQ do you even use the DSP on the inuke? If so what kind of curve do you shoot for??

Last edited by edoggrc51; 09-16-2014 at 01:50 PM.
post #370 of 374 Old 09-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Yeah, I love the dynamic eq function for the crowsons too, another reason why the inuke 3000dsp is a perfect match.
Ok now i am really curious. I got the crowson D-501 amp, am I missing out by not having a behringer inuke driving the actuators?
post #371 of 374 Old 09-13-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post
Quick question for you two. If you're using dynic EQ do you even use the DSP on the inuke? If so what kind of curve do you shoot for??
We're talking about the dynamic EQ on the inuke DSP. I don't remember off the top of my head what I'm running, its saved on my laptop. I think I posted it previously in my history if you feel like searching my posts for dynamic eq. I also use the audyssey dynamic eq, but that's not what I was talking about. Not sure if that even affects the transducer output on my receiver :/

post #372 of 374 Old 09-13-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabea View Post
Ok now i am really curious. I got the crowson D-501 amp, am I missing out by not having a behringer inuke driving the actuators?
gobs of power on tap and a decent EQ to adjust to preference?

post #373 of 374 Old 09-13-2014, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
We're talking about the dynamic EQ on the inuke DSP. I don't remember off the top of my head what I'm running, its saved on my laptop. I think I posted it previously in my history if you feel like searching my posts for dynamic eq. I also use the audyssey dynamic eq, but that's not what I was talking about. Not sure if that even affects the transducer output on my receiver :/
Gotcha! Thanks for the info.

post #374 of 374 Old 09-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
gobs of power on tap and a decent EQ to adjust to preference?
I've got several inuke 3000 DSPs driving my subs, I might just have to experiment a bit. I hope I can find your dynamic eq settings.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page