The "Official" Crowson Tactile Motion Actuators Thread. - Page 20 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 38Likes
post #571 of 579 Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedreda View Post
I own the BK-1000A as well and it works great like you said. Randolph however told me that something like the inuke would work better with the crowsons.
My experience with iNuke is that it's noisy, (fan noise), it has garish yellow lighting on the face, and it has a gain structure that requires a higher voltage. (The last issue may or may not be a problem, depending on the source used to drive the iNuke.)

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 579 Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 901 Post(s)
Liked: 1206
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
My experience with iNuke is that it's noisy, (fan noise), it has garish yellow lighting on the face, and it has a gain structure that requires a higher voltage. (The last issue may or may not be a problem, depending on the source used to drive the iNuke.)

Craig
Yeah, if the BK is silent, I think that might be a front runner for me.

I actually have a Velodyne SMS-1 I will be using for DSP, so I can control the Crowson's independently via remote.
post #573 of 579 Old Today, 04:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1144 Post(s)
Liked: 816
What is happening with the group buy you guys were trying to put together?
post #574 of 579 Old Today, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedreda View Post
I own the BK-1000A as well and it works great like you said. Randolph however told me that something like the inuke would work better with the crowsons than the BK1000A.
The iNuke DSP works well with it, and the ability to fine-tune the high/low pass is so neat. But as Craig said, it needs enough voltage. I had two sub outs from my oppo feeding the inuke at the same time, which doubled the voltage it received. As far as loudness, I had the iNuke in an equipment closet along with a computer with four powersupplies, as well as two dedicated fans running to keep my Lumagen from overheating. The equipment room was loud already, so I could never hear how loud the iNuke actually was. I'll actually be purchasing five more Crowsons, and I'm tyring to figure out if I should get more iNukes (due to the voltage issues), or go with something else to power them.
post #575 of 579 Old Today, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 901 Post(s)
Liked: 1206
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
The iNuke DSP works well with it, and the ability to fine-tune the high/low pass is so neat. But as Craig said, it needs enough voltage. I had two sub outs from my oppo feeding the inuke at the same time, which doubled the voltage it received. As far as loudness, I had the iNuke in an equipment closet along with a computer with four powersupplies, as well as two dedicated fans running to keep my Lumagen from overheating. The equipment room was loud already, so I could never hear how loud the iNuke actually was. I'll actually be purchasing five more Crowsons, and I'm tyring to figure out if I should get more iNukes (due to the voltage issues), or go with something else to power them.
Better future proof yourself just in case:

The Powersoft K20 should fit the bill.
post #576 of 579 Old Today, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
Better future proof yourself just in case:

The Powersoft K20 should fit the bill.
Ha! Those are for folks who eat their dinner with golden spoons and prefer $100 dollar bills in their salads.
post #577 of 579 Unread Today, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I use an iNuke 3000DSP to drive two BK Advance units on one channel and two Crowson TMA units on the other channel. I have no problem with the input signal level from my Oppo 103. The input voltage sensitivity on the iNuke amp is .75V which should make them easy to drive to full output. I am using the limiter setting in the DSP as a precaution...
I don't know what the max value that the Oppo can send on the sub out but it appears to be higher than .75V.

I used an audio test DVD along with the Remote Software on the iNuke to set levels focusing on the 5Hz to 10Hz area...here is what I have:

All trims in the Oppo are set to "0" & all speakers set to "small" with the sub tuned "on". Master Volume on the Oppo set to "80".
CH A & CH B input level controls on the iNuke set to 2 o'clock and 3 o'clock...

During demanding bass scenes, the limiter (-1.0dB) is kicking in from time to time.

I am a bit confused on why the iNuke amps needs "enough voltage" to work properly...I must be missing something and I want to make sure that I have things set-up correctly.
post #578 of 579 Unread Today, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
What is happening with the group buy you guys were trying to put together?
PM sent, sir.
post #579 of 579 Unread Today, 07:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1144 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah450 View Post
PM sent, sir.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links