Help with new BIC America v1220 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just received my sub yesterday, this is my first system. Plugged via subwoofer cable to Yamaha RXA720 receiver and fired up but I'm getting very little sound.

On some Amazon reviews, they mentioned a 40-60 hour break in period. Is this why the sub is performing so poorly upon initial unboxing? With the volume set to the top I can feel the cone moving a bit, but that's not what I expected from a subwoofer with such good reviews.

In the instructions, it said to change my front speakers to small, instead of large. When the speakers were on large setting they sounded better, but I wasn't getting anything from the sub.

Do I just need to give the sub some time to 'break in' or does anyone have additional advice? Thanks!

Entire setup:
BIC v1220 / Yamaha RXA720 / Infinity Primus P363
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-10-2013, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

man. no one has answered any of my posts on this forum frown.gif
post #3 of 5 Old 01-10-2013, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Break In wouldn't make a great deal of difference in output. Have you checked the subwoofer level in you receiver? Something around +3 in the receiver menu for the subwoofer should give you sufficient output without generating any distortion (from the receiver). If this doesn't work, others will come along with other suggestions.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy View Post

Break In wouldn't make a great deal of difference in output. Have you checked the subwoofer level in you receiver? Something around +3 in the receiver menu for the subwoofer should give you sufficient output without generating any distortion (from the receiver). If this doesn't work, others will come along with other suggestions.

THANK YOU for chiming in! The sub level on my receiver was calibrated with the YPAO to +1.5, when I get home I'll bump it to +3.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-10-2013, 03:37 PM

Liked: 27
I doubt you'll notice a big difference going from +1.5 to +3 but who knows. I do know you want your speakers set to small. I'm not sure what your listening to but sometimes when watching tv or even listening to some music my subs don't produce a whole lot of sound either so maybe try some stuff you know has lower frequencies. Also in the reciever set a crossover at 80hz, I'm not familiar with your receiver or sub though so ymmv. Just trying to help.

Panasonic TC-P65VT50
Denon 2113ci
Panasonic DMP-BDT220P
Ascend CMT-340SE L/R
Ascend CMT-340SE Center
Ascend CBM-170SE Surrounds
Klipsch RW12-D x 2
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Bic Venturi Subwoofer V1220
Gear in this thread - V1220 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version