need some recommendations for a matching sub - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2013, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have the A3-300 Edesign audio subwoofer (original). Since the company went under last year, I'm looking for a matching sub, preferably downfiring (unless side is better) to match the sub on the other side of the room. Both will be upfront and directly across each other (one on each side of the room in front of the couch and sofa.

I am looking for some suggestions on a subwoofer. The current sub is 300W RMS BASH amp, 12" single downfire subwoofer.

I was looking maybe at Dr. HSU or Epik subs. What do you think will be a good match?

Xbox Live: ShadyFusion23

PSN: Nukleard1sa5t0r

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
I don't think you'll really end up "matching" it in any case. I love my Empire but Epik's not around at the moment if the purchase is imminent, you may have to wait a while before Chad ramps up again. I would look at the various options, not just Hsu and Epik but also SVS, PowerSound Audio, Premier Acoustic, Lava, Outlaw, bla bla bla. at your pricepoint. Or maybe sell what you've got and update to a new matched pair. Matching by amp wattage rating is only meaningful if the drivers have the same efficiency. Personally I don't think it's critical to have matching subs, I'm using the Empire with two very different Infinity subs (PSW310s) and the overall sound is quite good even thought he Infinitys won't dig as low and are of a different design. I don't think downfiring/opposed/front firing is all that important depending on your placement/setup...

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

Old 01-10-2013, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
yeah I figured I can at least get it close. The look does not have to match perfectly but if I can get the freq. response close to the other and adjust them to they are somewhat balanced I'm ok with that.

Xbox Live: ShadyFusion23

PSN: Nukleard1sa5t0r

Old 01-10-2013, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Post the numbers you're looking for.

Then again there's DIY.

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz