Need help on what amp to buy - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-12-2013, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First off, hello everybody. This is my first post and I would like to say everybody here has been a major help in the past from just reading around on the forum whenever I have a question about speakers and subwoofers and the like.

Anyways, currently I am running a Ported Box (Which is for my new subs) with two 12" Kenwood subs (KFC-W3011) and an 800 Watt Kenwood amp (Forgot the model number, but if its crucial, I will find it) and they are just not loud enough for me anymore. I consistantly have trouble tuning the amp and don't know exactly what all the knobs do, but I do know what all the switches are for. I tend to just mess with them 4 or 5 times a day to find the best sound, and once it gets to quite for me, I mess with them again and make myself think I made them louder.

Well, I want to buy bigger. Plain and simple, eh? I only want to get 12" subs and only two of them. I am not made of money, but I do have a decent job and am willing to save up for them. I was thinking of the new Rockford Fosgate P3D2 series, since I can find them on Ebay (Which a friend bought and they are BRAND new) for $125 each. I want loud, like, very loud. Loud to the point that people inside the gas station of me filling up feel like they are in my passenger seat. I know a decent amount about subwoofers, but I am still clueless on a bunch of things. I have no idea what amp I will need for the two Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers and this is where I need your guys help. If you think you know of a louder bigger better speaker for me that is not much over $125, PLEASE feel free to let me know. If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask. It is, well, a forum. :P

-Garrett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-12-2013, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1262
There's a separate forum where the car audio guys hang out.

http://www.avsforum.com/f/160/car-audio-video-and-nav

Denon AVR4311CI
Magnepan 2.7QR's w/ MGCC3 Center
(2) Polk RT15i
(2) Sonotube Subs with 18" Stereo Integrity D4 Drivers
Behringer NU3000 & NU4-6000 Amps
Panasonic DMP-BDP210 - Projector: BenQ W1070
Panamax M5400-PM
60" Samsung TV
WDTV Live & Minix Neo X7
Some audio history: https://skydrive.live.c...
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page