Best for 80-100 hz out of SVS PB1000 SVS PB12-NSD and Rythmik F12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-14-2013, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was checking my music with one of those waterfall programs and I can't help but notice that almost all heavy bass songs, (not just rap songs but stuff like Portishead - Glory Box and the music from Eve Online) have most of their bass in the 80 to 100 hz range.

While a sub that can do 14 hz and make the walls turn to jelly is impressive, for actual every day use it seems focusing on the 80-100 hz range would give a me more of a "wow" factor.

So which sub is best for those frequencies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-14-2013, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak Gara View Post

While a sub that can do 14 hz and make the walls turn to jelly is impressive, for actual every day use it seems focusing on the 80-100 hz range would give a me more of a "wow" factor.

So which sub is best for those frequencies?
80-100Hz usually is sourced by the tops, unless you're running the crossover at 100Hz. If you don't need/care about going to 14Hz it's not a matter of finding a sub that works better at the upper end of the range, it just means you don't need something that digs really low, and you can then afford more of them to be able to get smoother response and higher output.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-14-2013, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
For 'typical' music I'd focus on the 40-80 range, 40-100 if your L/R mains can't cross lower.
But if you listen to organ or music with synthesized lower frequencies you may want deeper.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-14-2013, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 519
If you want 80 to 100 hz out of a Rythmik, you will want the Rythmik F12G, it uses a paper driver that gives it a greater upper range than the other Rythmik subs. Most of the other Rythmiks seem to roll off at around 80 hz, but the GR Research driver in the F12G extends that upper range. The PB1000 and PB12 NSD will go higher than 80 hz, but the PB12 NSD doesn't have spectacular mid and upper bass output, and I am sure the same is true even more so for the PB1000. For good upper bass output without sacrificing lower bass in that price range, I would look at the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, Hsu Research VTF3, and Power Sound Audio XS15 and XV15. You can see how different subwoofers fare against each other in specific frequencies in this chart. If you are interested a lot more emphasis on upper bass frequencies than lower ones, I would look the Cadence CSX-15 mkII, the Premiere Acoustics PA150, and the Hsu MBM-12 mk2. Those all have huge upper bass output but at the expense of lower bass output.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page