Looking for Cambridge SoundWorks P500 Repair, MA area - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi All,

I recently moved to a new house, only to find my P500 no longer works. This is really a WTF? situation, because I bought it new and took superb care of it. I packed the unit extremely well, and the box didn't seem too beat up when I opened it. I checked the fuse, as well as cables and usual suspects.

I am looking to find someone who might repair something like this. It would be great if I could find someone in the general MA area, I am guessing the weight and size would cost a lot to ship.

If anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

The best part about being in my 40's? I did all my stupid sh!t before the Internet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-19-2013, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 318
You probably won't find any repair facilities for a Cambridge Soundworks subwoofer amp. At their genesis they were a solid company but they haven't been that for a very long time, so there probably isn't much of a 3rd party service network for them. You might want to contact Cambridge directly, but I suspect a repair will be more then the sub is actually worth.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #3 of 5 Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
When I first moved in, I called CSW. The product line is old enough that they no longer will service it (they are only servicing what is being sold on their site now). The Sub is mint, so I want to save it though. I am just going to look for local generic electronics repair guys. It's a shot in the dark...

The best part about being in my 40's? I did all my stupid sh!t before the Internet.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-11-2013, 08:17 PM

Liked: 10
-removed-
post #5 of 5 Old 06-14-2013, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
To do the repair yourself, you would need a service manual (with detailed circuit diagram), volt/ohm meter, and suitable soldering equipment.

Subwoofer repair can cost $200-300+ with the subwoofer returned with a 30-90 day guarantee. You pay to-and-from shipping to any repair facility.

You can look at the plate amplifiers at Parts Express to determine if one has the appropriate size (and power) to use as a replacement. You can even use a standalone subwoofer amp if you are willing to run wires to your subwoofer driver.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page