Need advice on sub choice.. SeatonSound SVS etc - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-19-2013, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys new to the forum!
Its time to upgrade my sub! Am currently living with my parents while my house is being built. This is still atleast 12months away.
Room size at the moment is limited obviously living in an approx 3x3m bedroom but this system was never intended for this.
All the audio gear im going to list will going in my "soon to have" theatre room WOOHOO
I listen to music/videos 60/40%.
Been looking at the SVS PB13-ULTRA but now very interested in the Seaton Sound Submersive beauty!
So what do you guys recommend? Also what do you think of my rear surround setup? I just had them lying around so on they went, seem to sound okay. Feel free to recommend a replacement or addition to my setup.

Current Setup

Amp
Yamaha RXA3020

Speakers

Front JBL LS80
Centre Richter Legend series Unicorn mk2
Rears Bose Accoustimas 5 (also running bass driver)
Sub Velodyne CT150

info on centre speaker.. well the same one on sale on ebay haha
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RICHTER-CENTRE-SPEAKER-/170975984792?pt=AU_Hi_Fi_Speakers&hash=item27cef67c98#ht_776wt_1156
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-19-2013, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 435
If you can afford the Seaton, go for it, I think it would be a definite upgrade over the PB13. As for your rears, the Bose cubes probably aren't totally awful as surrounds but even in such a minor role I would prefer better speakers. I would go for monopole speakers, I think even some inexpensive direct radiating speakers would be a marked improvement. I would also note that its recommended to have your center speaker match your left and right fronts. You might think about replacing the Richter with JBL LS center. It wouldn't be cheap, but your front left right speakers are terrific and I think they deserve a matching center.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-19-2013, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Only problem with that is i cant find used one anywhere and here in AUS you can only buy in new at 1700!
post #4 of 4 Old 01-19-2013, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Been looking at the SVS PB13-ULTRA but now very interested in the Seaton Sound Submersive beauty! So what do you guys recommend?
. . .
Only problem with that is i cant find used [SubMersive] anywhere and here in AUS you can only buy in new at 1700!
If you can afford a SubM and can find one to buy, buy it. If you can't afford a SubM or can't find one to buy, don't buy one. smile.gif

The PB13-Ultra is a powerful and well-rated sub.

What is your budget? How big is your room? What other brands are available to you in Australia?
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page