Need to get educated on Rythmik and HSU: recommendations for Newbie - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 32 Old 09-06-2013, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Bait View Post

Update on the Sub. I will be getting ARC this next week.....I hope. However, the XS15 seems to be broken in for the most part. It was kind of weird to me, because it's my first new sub. One day I was listening to some vocal music and I realized that I had to turn the sub down on my AVR setting. Ever since that day, the setting has remained at least 5 points lower for normal listening. I will end up getting at least one more sub to balance out the stage area. I won't rule out quads down the road, but I don't thing I will need them. Point being, if you buy an XS15 and don't like the output, make sure you give it time to break in. SQ has improved as well.

Now for the wireless setup, it's still working flawlessly. Maybe the ARC will show if it's dropping below 15hz, but for me I don't care. Plus 1 transmitter would support a quad setup. I am thoroughly happy with Power Sound Audio. I know there are a bunch of Rythmik fans out there, but don't let them deter you from considering Power Sound Audio. Absolutely love the sub, and this is with no ARC. Also, big fan of the near field placement via the AudioEngine wireless setup.

I will be back when I have the ARC setup.

Would you mind posting an update on your experience with XS15 thus far? I am considering one. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 09-06-2013, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey guys...I've been dealing with some family health issues so I haven't hooked up the ARC yet and haven't really used the HT for quite some time. All of that being said, I love the subwoofer. I plan on adding a 2nd one in the next 12 months, just because I want to, not because I have to. If you are an Audiophile, you may want to spend the extra money on a Rhythmik or the like, but I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, and the Rhythmik would be wasted money. I was watching the Star Trek reboot and the sub shook my center channel off my Bell'O TV stand. Only a broken grill post thankfully. For the money, you can't go wrong. I have a huge space and the one 15 does a hell of a job. The second one will be for overkill. I'm not a basshead, so take that into account. I can listen to Norah Jones or 2 Live Crew and you get great clean bass regardless. Movies do great also.

I guess the best review I can give is that it's a no regret purchase, not one bit.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page