Why is the "Which Subwoofer to Buy?" Decision the Hardest? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-01-2013, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I did my research and was able to come to solid conclusions on my AVR and speakers choices. I felt good about these decisions, and confidence was high. The new subwoofer however, has proven to be my nemesis...

My budget is $500, tops. And this is only because of the new SVS PB-1000. Before I caught wind of this one, my budget was $400ish. Now, my quandary. Like many people, I want to get the most bang for my buck as possible. My movie to music ratio is somewhere in the realm of 70/30 or 60/40. It might be closer to 50/50 if my sub was up to par (I am currently using a Klipsch KSW-10). Now, the Klipsch has been decent but not spectacular. It seems to do okay with most movies but music, well, it might as well not even be present. Moving into a new house soon and the room this will all be transplanted into is around 20'x13'x8'.

Every time I seem to have my choice narrowed down, I stumble upon another review and the process grows.

I think I have narrowed my list down. Here are the ones currently at the top of my list:

- Klipsch RW12d
- Premier Acoustic PA-150
- SVS PB-1000

Clearly, the price on the Klipsch is the most enticing but would the step up to the PA or SVS be worth the extra cost? Would the PA be a better choice over the SVS being as it is a 15" vs. 10", even though the SVS is rated lower (19Hz vs. 25Hz) given the room size? All three seem to have had fairly good reviews from those who have used them. Not a ton of information on the SVS sub as it is rather new to the scene.

I have been scouring these forums for months as well as over at the Blu-Ray forums. I still can't decide. Are there any other subs in this price range I should consider? Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 801
It's sooooo hard because there are soooooo many quality choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjama76 View Post

I have been scouring these forums for months as well as over at the Blu-Ray forums. I still can't decide. Are there any other subs in this price range I should consider? Suggestions?

I'm a fanboy of the Klipsch, RW-12d but another recommendation to add to your list is the BIC, PL-200.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Rythmik has a sub in the 500+ range biggrin.gif
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page