Svs PB10-NSD plate amp failure - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello ,
Can somebody with the same kind of plate amp measure the voltage you have on the pins marked CD+ and CD- both under load and in idle.
The reason im asking is that my amp makes my woofer sound blown , you know that crackling sound , and the woofer is fine when driven with other amps.
And the voltage between CD+ and CD- is about 18v when idling and fluxing 8v-12v under moderate load so i guess the powersuply has failed. And i have no warranty left.
I have seen one with the same problem selling his amp on ebay so maybe there is more with the same problem or if anyone know how to fix it .

Best regards

Fred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-02-2013, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spliffen View Post

Hello ,
Can somebody with the same kind of plate amp measure the voltage you have on the pins marked CD+ and CD- both under load and in idle.
The reason im asking is that my amp makes my woofer sound blown , you know that crackling sound , and the woofer is fine when driven with other amps.
And the voltage between CD+ and CD- is about 18v when idling and fluxing 8v-12v under moderate load so i guess the powersuply has failed. And i have no warranty left.
I have seen one with the same problem selling his amp on ebay so maybe there is more with the same problem or if anyone know how to fix it .

Best regards

Fred

What is the Amp module they use in the amp? It is not hard to replace them if you know how to solder.
Also check the caps for any bulging or leaks. One thing you could also try it to clean the volume and if it has a cross over pot with electronics cleaner or Caig contact cleaner and lubricant. A scratchy or crackling sound can be just dirty
pot controls.

Athanasios

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Love this CRT addiction !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-02-2013, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi and thanks for your reply ,
The caps dont have any bulging or leaks , and i dont think it a problem with dirty pot controls either .
The crackling sound just comes with power outtake , at really low volume its ok , nothing more when adjust the pot controls.

What do you mean , What is the Amp module they use in the amp?

I know it is a 300-325w bash amp ( the one witrh built in crossover).

Best regards
Fred
post #4 of 4 Old 02-02-2013, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I mean the actual Chip

like this

http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/DATASHEET/CD00002943.pdf

Athanasios

Love this CRT addiction !!!

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page