Forum Jump: 

Old 02-05-2013, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Hi fellow enthusiasts.

I currently have a full B&W diamond setup. I am happy with the speakers and I have two ASW 850 subs. These are great. The only problem I have is an aesthetic one. One of my subs is cherry, matching all my main speakers. The other however is red cherry. I purchase the second sub cheap in the hope I could find or get B&W to sell me a new cabinet but no go.

I could paint both subs black but do not wish to destroy the beautiful cherry sub. I could sell this in a heart beat. These are very rare.

So I have the opportunity to move these on and replace with a pair of Aerial Acoustic SW12 subs. My room is not massive, 7m x 3m. So going from 15inch drivers to 12inch will probably not make much difference. But has anyone heard or compared both the ASW 850 to the sw12?

Plus I want to add a couple of subs in the rear of the room. I am toying between a couple of Seaton Submersive F2 or a pair of DXD12012. Any thoughts?

I could actually purchase 4 x submersive f2 for the price of the pair of aerial sw12. I read an old thread where Mark Seaton commented on the sw12 as saying they use very high quality components.

Any ideas? What would you guys get?

All will be controlled from my Datasat RS20i with Dirac live!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I would probably consider 4 of these based on what you've said, but seems to be way under budget

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/D15SE.html