15'' Subs too big to sound good? 15'' = Boom boom and 12'' = Loud and Tight?! - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 49 Old 02-13-2013, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

Here is the world's best power cord:

Presenting... The Magic Mushroom Power Cord from Coconut Audio:
The list price is $38,000, but the introductory special price is just $7,600!
Order yours today!!!

http://www.coconut-audio.com/rattlesnake/power.htm

Craig
You missed the good stuff at $200K and more. There's one for a million, and they say it takes 2 months build time. That's 59 days of laughing at the idiot who fell for the pitch, 1 day to toss it together.

But shipping is free. biggrin.gif

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 Old 02-13-2013, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:

Order yours today!!!

Craig

That has to be one of the most entertaining sites I have ever seen. Here is a review of one of their cables posted on their site (this is for the $4K power cord that normally sells for $20K):
Quote:
I hooked the cord up to my MBL dac and was stunned motionless.

I became paralyzed, sort of a dream paralysis perhaps, unable to move even after the CD ended. The sound was so expansive, there were no walls, every instrument and voice could be clearly followed while at the same time the entire blend of sound was unified into a single flow of music. Even at 90db + volume with a rock beat, the music was so relaxing that I was immediately placed into a trance, unaware of my body or the room around me, just pulled along by the music.

I know this sounds gushing and overstated, but what it comes down is that I cannot ****ing believe what this powercord does. It makes no rational sense that a single cord could transform the sound in this manner. It is a quantum leap past the limits of what I thought was possible; through the veil and over into another realm, another dimension, where music and sound are experienced more deeply, beyond ordinary perception.

The cord must come with some shrooms and acid....
post #33 of 49 Old 02-13-2013, 11:29 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

You missed the good stuff at $200K and more. There's one for a million, and they say it takes 2 months build time. That's 59 days of laughing at the idiot who fell for the pitch, 1 day to toss it together.

But shipping is free. biggrin.gif
C'mon man! Nothing can beat a Magic Mushroom! biggrin.gif

I also like the RattleSnake Cable. It has the snake oil built right in:

Quote:
The longer or bigger the Rattlesnakes are, the greater the skin filtering is, which results in cleaner sound. The Rattlesnakes are not standard cables, they are power conditioners that can be coiled up to take up small space, like real snakes. Our power cables go up to 10 meters in length for extreme cleaning power. All power cables are available with EURO or US plug.

And this pretty much sums up their philosophy:
Quote:
Engineered vs Audiophile built cables

Engineers know what they are doing, but even though the cables have good measured performance, they sound horrible.
Audiophiles don't know what they are doing with their home made cables, but their cables sound good.

We chose to build cables with a combination of the two, which is also the safest way. We use properly engineered cables that are UL and CE certified, while fine-tuning the cables with crystals to get the most musically pleasing sound. This gives the best of both worlds, both maximum performance with maximum audiophile sound quality.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #34 of 49 Old 02-13-2013, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Order yours today!!!
Reminds me that I haven't seen much of iamanoobiecheez lately. Kinda miss the guy - he was funny. smile.gif
post #35 of 49 Old 02-13-2013, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

Quote:
Order yours today!!!
Reminds me that I haven't seen much of iamanoobiecheez lately. Kinda miss the guy - he was funny. smile.gif

Yah but we have another guy floating around here with his own spin on audio. eek.gif
post #36 of 49 Old 02-13-2013, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

Quote:

Order yours today!!!

Craig

That has to be one of the most entertaining sites I have ever seen. Here is a review of one of their cables posted on their site (this is for the $4K power cord that normally sells for $20K):
Quote:
I hooked the cord up to my MBL dac and was stunned motionless.

I became paralyzed, sort of a dream paralysis perhaps, unable to move even after the CD ended. The sound was so expansive, there were no walls, every instrument and voice could be clearly followed while at the same time the entire blend of sound was unified into a single flow of music. Even at 90db + volume with a rock beat, the music was so relaxing that I was immediately placed into a trance, unaware of my body or the room around me, just pulled along by the music.

I know this sounds gushing and overstated, but what it comes down is that I cannot ****ing believe what this powercord does. It makes no rational sense that a single cord could transform the sound in this manner. It is a quantum leap past the limits of what I thought was possible; through the veil and over into another realm, another dimension, where music and sound are experienced more deeply, beyond ordinary perception.

The cord must come with some shrooms and acid....

I think he was paralyzed due to the cord being too tight around his neck. wink.gif
post #37 of 49 Old 02-13-2013, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Well..the majic mushroom made me laugh. I derailed my own thread too! Good job, I would have to say.
post #38 of 49 Old 02-14-2013, 05:04 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

He has ability to make people laugh, I like him biggrin.gif
post #39 of 49 Old 02-14-2013, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by av addiction View Post

He has ability to make people laugh, I like him biggrin.gif
The question is whether you're laughing with him or at him. I can't believe anyone could be as clueless as his schtick makes him out to be, but there must be legions of clueless keeping these cable rip-off artists in business.

post #40 of 49 Old 02-14-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:

The question is whether you're laughing with him or at him. I can't believe anyone could be as clueless as his schtick makes him out to be, but there must be legions of clueless keeping these cable rip-off artists in business.

Do I have to spell it out? biggrin.gif
Ok, I laugh at him, LOL
post #41 of 49 Old 02-14-2013, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by av addiction View Post

Do I have to spell it out? biggrin.gif
Ok, I laugh at him, LOL
Well, when I read his blatherings I get the impression that it's a big put on, that nobody could actually be that foolish. But he seems so sincere that if it is an act it's award worthy. As for nobody being capable of that level of gullibility, you don't have to look too far to find more examples of the same.

post #42 of 49 Old 02-14-2013, 08:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:

Well, when I read his blatherings I get the impression that it's a big put on, that nobody could actually be that foolish. But he seems so sincere that if it is an act it's award worthy. As for nobody being capable of that level of gullibility, you don't have to look too far to find more examples of the same.
The whole Coconut Audio site is a satirical farce. I doubt they actually "sell" anything. I've never tried to order anything, but I bet it would be met with a satirical response. iamanoobiecheese is probably just the website author looking to direct people to his website. It's a damn funny website, you gotta admit.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #43 of 49 Old 02-14-2013, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The whole Coconut Audio site is a satirical farce. I doubt they actually "sell" anything.
I'd say it's a bit too elaborate to be a joke site. I bet they do sell some of their 'lower end' cables, made to order when a sucker orders it. Sure, it all looks patently stupid to us, but their claims aren't any more scientifically bogus than Monster or Audioquest or the like.

post #44 of 49 Old 02-14-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:

Power conditioners are also unadulterated snake oil. All the 'conditioning' your power needs is done by the power supplies in your gear.

I thought power conditioners were basically part of what was in a UPS? Prevents spikes and dips from reaching your equipment.
post #45 of 49 Old 02-14-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bai Shen View Post

I thought power conditioners were basically part of what was in a UPS? Prevents spikes and dips from reaching your equipment.

Do not confuse surge protectors with power condition.

Surge protectors, which guard against damage due to sudden spikes in the electrical current. While surge protectors safeguard equipment, a power conditioner cleans the signal, eliminating interference on the line.

This can translate to faster, more reliable network operations, improved modem throughput. The power condition or power conditioner most often refers to a device that acts in one or more ways to deliver a voltage of the proper level and characteristics to enable load equipment to function properly.with the intended to improve the quality of the power that is delivered to electrical load equipment In some usages, power conditioner refers to a voltage regulator with at least one other function to improve power quality.

How ever the terms "power conditioning" and "power conditioner" can be misleading, as the word "power" here refers to the electricity generally rather than the more technical electric power.

I hope this will help
post #46 of 49 Old 02-14-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A UPS is basically a battery that keeps your computer from shutting down in a power failure, giving you time to save your work and log-off normally. As for spikes and dips, audio gear contains all the 'conditioning' it requires in its own power supply. It might benefit from some additional surge protection, but that only takes a five dollar plug in or ten dollar power strip.

post #47 of 49 Old 02-14-2013, 01:35 PM

I know about the UPS being a battery plus surge protector. But some of the more expensive ones are supposed to condition the power as well AFAIK. That it works to prevent line "noise" from reaching the equipment. I can't find the name of what I'm talking about ATM. Wikipedia mentions double conversion, but I'm not sure if that was what I was thinking of.
post #48 of 49 Old 02-14-2013, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I know about the UPS being a battery plus surge protector. But some of the more expensive ones are supposed to condition the power as well AFAIK. That it works to prevent line "noise" from reaching the equipment. I can't find the name of what I'm talking about ATM. Wikipedia mentions double conversion, but I'm not sure if that was what I was thinking of.
Here's the best way to condition power: run the AC through a transformer, rectify it to DC, then filter it with large capacitors to eliminate noise and provide voltage and current stabilization. And, if the device has low current demand, lock the voltage with a voltage regulator.
That is what your gear already does.
There was some need for external power conditioning in the early years of the PC explosion, when every manufacturer of PCs cheaped out on the power supply to cut costs. There was never any need for it in the audio industry, and not much with PCs anymore either.

post #49 of 49 Old 02-14-2013, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:

C'mon man! Nothing can beat a Magic Mushroom! biggrin.gif

I also like the RattleSnake Cable. It has the snake oil built right in:

Craig

Lulz, I love that site.
Quote:
The above is for using only 4 Deep Forest cables. Imagine what will happen when you make a full treatment with 8 cables? The result is that you will get more microdetail than was normally possible, and you will hear deeper into the music with greater clarity. You want more? Daisy chain multiple cables together, you can choose how deep you want to go!

Just make sure you have the kick timed properly or you will be stuck in Limbo. And make sure to have your token close by on the return trip. biggrin.gif

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page