Official SVS SB-13 Ultra Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 68Likes

post #451 of 452 Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1490 Post(s)
Liked: 1678
Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
Sorry i didn't get back to you sooner as i have been having a heck of a time getting my new password to work. Got it sorted out now.

Yes i did do multiple runs of Audyssey and then tweaked the sub and speaker outputs to my taste. This way i do know my Integra has done the X-overs for me. Sound is fantastic,,,, my Klipsch speakers are crisp, and i have the SB 13Ultra shaking the house. Just the other day i had Avitar playing and had to let the dog out in the back yard. I didn't pause the movie and had the door closed while i was outside with the hound,,, well good god the gutters and soffets were rattling and are forty feet away from the sub. The window which is thirty feet from the sub was flexing to the point that any reflection was distorting the image,,,, i could see the window moving back and forth. This is in a 28'X 14' with 8 foot ceilings, and is open to a foyer and long hallway. Very impressive sub!! It is an improvement over my Velodyne SPL 1200-R.

Outstanding! That's good to hear.

I am glad that you are enjoying things, and thanks for responding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 452 Old Today, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Outstanding! That's good to hear.

I am glad that you are enjoying things, and thanks for responding.
Thanx, and i appreciate your advice. I have lots to learn as to set things up properly. Up till now i just use some common sense making adjustments based on how things sound and of coarse i've played back different demanding movie scenes and music over and over to get the most out of my sub without over driving the amp and woofer. I do have speaker outputs on my AVR set hotter than what would be recommended here on this forum, but i also don't turn my volume up past -20, so i do know i'm not clipping. Also unless i'm listening music or a long sequence of action in a movie, my fans on my receiver don't engage indicating that i'm not asking to much from my receiver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer