Official SVS SB-13 Ultra Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 275 Old 07-06-2013, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bill Fitzmaurice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 9,671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1349
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

I have seen this conversation many times. I dunno?.. I have had maybe around 30-40 different DIY and turnkey subs(13 SVS’s) and oddly never experienced the break-in phenomenon. I’m always on the watch for it though, thus checking/measuring calibration after some use.
How many times have you measured the driver T/S specs before and after break in? If that number is at least one you'd not question whether break in is real. You may not hear it, but only because the process is gradual, so as the break in occurs the change is not abrupt enough for you to perceive it.
Quote:
Can you produce any scientific proof or credible evidence that there's such a thing as a break-in for a subwoofer?
Same answer. The vast majority of those who deny break in not only lack the ability to measure T/S specs, they don't even know what they are.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Bill Fitzmaurice is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 275 Old 07-06-2013, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steve nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
How many times have you measured the driver T/S specs before and after break in? If that number is at least one you'd not question whether break in is real. You may not hear it, but only because the process is gradual, so as the break in occurs the change is not abrupt enough for you to perceive it.

Knew you were going to step in Bill. I only have the ability to measure freq and calibration. If break-in happens as you state, I have never perceived any difference and have seen manufactures/names state the same. Maybe it’s so gradual it’s stated in this manner?? (like you say)

Here is a good artical on break-in http://www.gr-research.com/burnin.htm

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
steve nn is offline  
post #93 of 275 Old 07-06-2013, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bill Fitzmaurice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 9,671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1349
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

Knew you were going to step in Bill. I only have the ability to measure freq and calibration. If break-in happens as you state, I have never perceived any difference and have seen manufactures/names state the same. Maybe it’s so gradual it’s stated in this manner?? (like you say)
Some manufacturers downplay the importance of break in so that they won't get flack for being too cheap to do it themselves before shipping the speakers out. Some make silly claims of outrageous break in times of as much as 400 hours, mainly because their speakers don't live up to their hype, but after 400 hours you get used to the sound and it doesn't seem as bad...and the free return period has expired. And some tell it like it is:
http://www.gr-research.com/myths.htm

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Bill Fitzmaurice is offline  
post #94 of 275 Old 07-06-2013, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steve nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

Some manufacturers downplay the importance of break in so that they won't get flack for being too cheap to do it themselves before shipping the speakers out. Some make silly claims of outrageous break in times of as much as 400 hours, mainly because their speakers don't live up to their hype, but after 400 hours you get used to the sound and it doesn't seem as bad...and the free return period has expired. And some tell it like it is:
http://www.gr-research.com/myths.htm

Gotcha!

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
steve nn is offline  
post #95 of 275 Old 07-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 993
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Congratulations on your SB13-Ultra purchase SBO5007. I'm sure you'll absolutely love it. I purchased mine, oh, I guess it's been a couple of months ago now. Time flies. I find it's an absolute marvel for music, so I use the Ultra 100 percent for music in my stereo system. I liked it so much I wrote two extremely long-winded reviews, one on Amazon.com and the other on the SVS website. I'm sure it bored anyone reading them, but when it comes to audio, I tend to go on and on....

As far as some of the questions concerning break in periods, my Maggies took a good 6 months to break in. My BIC subwoofer, I'd say a little over a month to find its full legs. The SVS sounded pretty good right out of the box, but needed a couple of weeks to pound deep enough to highlight multiple noises throughout my house (heck, I found another painting rattling just yesterday).
dsrussell is online now  
post #96 of 275 Old 07-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Member
 
mcnabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I read both of them @dsrussell. The ultra towers and sb13ultra arrive next week. Thanks for the yarn.
mcnabola is offline  
post #97 of 275 Old 07-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Member
 
maxht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willland View Post

I have the SB13 Plus(95% same sub) and I am blown away. Bought it used in like new condition about a month ago and added to my existing Revel B15 and Klipsch RSW-10d and all I can say is that my room 6000 cu. ft. room is now pressurized.

Bill
Mine is SB13-Plus in nice looking American Cherry finish. I had another PB13-Ultra (BASH) in rosenut finish. All in a 1800 cu ft room. biggrin.gif

Bass, please. Shaken, not stirred.
maxht is offline  
post #98 of 275 Old 08-06-2013, 04:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
hyghwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Earth 4 now
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post

Congratulations on your SB13-Ultra purchase SBO5007. I'm sure you'll absolutely love it. I liked it so much I wrote two extremely long-winded reviews, one on Amazon.com and the other on the SVS website.

I read your review on Amazon, yep the entire review eek.gif it was long but I enjoyed it thoroughly and came to a similar conclusion musically wise cool.gif

SB13-Ultra on the left and Bic F12 on the right - only thing simular between the two is the size wink.gif
* *

Just my 2¢ - take it or leave it for others

 

 

Halo ® 3 Beta Tester, Reach ® Beta Tester, COD ® 4 Beta Tester
XboxLive GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hyghwayman is offline  
post #99 of 275 Old 08-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 993
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyghwayman View Post

I read your review on Amazon, yep the entire review eek.gif it was long but I enjoyed it thoroughly and came to a similar conclusion musically wise cool.gif

SB13-Ultra on the left and Bic F12 on the right - only thing simular between the two is the size wink.gif
* *

I love your fortitude! Yeah, I can be a windbag when it comes to audio. I suspect your SB13-Ultra has planted a big smile on your face. But hey, those inexpensive BICs sure aren't bad for the price. I have (well had) a 12-inch down-firing BIC in my TV room. I received the PSA XS30 today and I'm auditioning it now (or breaking it in).
dsrussell is online now  
post #100 of 275 Old 08-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 993
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabola View Post

I read both of them @dsrussell. The ultra towers and sb13ultra arrive next week. Thanks for the yarn.

Wow, both of them? Yarn is right, mcnabola. Tell me how you like your new SVS setup. It's got to sound fabulous!
dsrussell is online now  
post #101 of 275 Old 08-08-2013, 05:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
hyghwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Earth 4 now
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post

I love your fortitude! Yeah, I can be a windbag when it comes to audio. I suspect your SB13-Ultra has planted a big smile on your face. But hey, those inexpensive BICs sure aren't bad for the price. I have (well had) a 12-inch down-firing BIC in my TV room. I received the PSA XS30 today and I'm auditioning it now (or breaking it in).

Because I won my SB13-Ultra that big smile hasn't left me face, see biggrin.gif
So I read in the PSA thread you're using your SB13-U for 2ch music only eek.gif
Congrats on getting the XS30 can't wait to read your thoughts, specifically the differences between the SB13 and XS30
Did you ever try running the Bic w/ your SVS sub and if so how nice did they play together?

Just my 2¢ - take it or leave it for others

 

 

Halo ® 3 Beta Tester, Reach ® Beta Tester, COD ® 4 Beta Tester
XboxLive GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hyghwayman is offline  
post #102 of 275 Old 08-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 993
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyghwayman View Post

Because I won my SB13-Ultra that big smile hasn't left me face, see biggrin.gif
So I read in the PSA thread you're using your SB13-U for 2ch music only eek.gif
Congrats on getting the XS30 can't wait to read your thoughts, specifically the differences between the SB13 and XS30
Did you ever try running the Bic w/ your SVS sub and if so how nice did they play together?

You won an SB13?! Wow, you don't have a smile, you have an ear-to-ear evil grin! Congratulations!

Yes, 2-channel music room. My Ultra is curled up next to my Maggies and doing wonders for my system. I also tested the Ultra out on movies. That was a big mistake (I was quite content until I heard the Ultra ... so I decided to audition the Hsu ULS-15 and the PSA XS30 and save a few bucks). If you think a 2-channel setup in the music room is shocking, wait till you hear that I don't have a home theater, just a simple stereo setup in the TV room with an Oppo BDP-83:). In fairness to my rather odd situation, I listen primarily to music vs movies (probably a 4 to 1 ratio).

No, I didn't try running the BIC with the Ultra. I wouldn't want the BIC for music anyway, and since it isn't shielded, it won't come within a country mile of the Maggies.

I'll be pulling out the Ultra from the stereo room and into the TV room this week so I can do some head-to-head comparisons between the two. Furniture sliders are a man's best friend….
steve nn and hyghwayman like this.
dsrussell is online now  
post #103 of 275 Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
hyghwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Earth 4 now
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post

You won an SB13?! Wow, you don't have a smile, you have an ear-to-ear evil grin! Congratulations!


I'll be pulling out the Ultra from the stereo room and into the TV room this week so I can do some head-to-head comparisons between the two. Furniture sliders are a man's best friend….

Thanks, when I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror this is what I see


Can't wait to read it cool.gif

Just my 2¢ - take it or leave it for others

 

 

Halo ® 3 Beta Tester, Reach ® Beta Tester, COD ® 4 Beta Tester
XboxLive GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hyghwayman is offline  
post #104 of 275 Old 08-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Senior Member
 
idealty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
After being on the market for 10 months, can someone explain to me why not a single reviewer has actually done CEA 2010 measurement analysis on the SB13-ultra? Where are the Audioholics and SoundandVision reviews?
idealty is offline  
post #105 of 275 Old 08-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Senior Member
 
BillJulyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Just took delivery of a new SB-13 Ultra last night. Set it up this morning using the Audyssey built into my McIntosh MX121. The rest of my speakers are all B&W (L/R are 804, C is HTM4, surrounds and back surrounds are 805). The SB-13 Ultra seems to integrate well with my system. I got the piano black gloss finish to go with my B&W's. It sounds great, but I am relieved that it also looks good; from the pictures I'd seen, I was worried about the grill, but it looks fine. No complaints. All I did before running Audyssey was set the SB-13's volume to -10dB (as recommended by a guy at SVS) so it wouldn't get maximum reduction from Audyssey.

Bill Julyan
BillJulyan is offline  
post #106 of 275 Old 08-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
bambam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I currently have a pair of PB-13 Ultras. Love them. I'm thinking of moving to four subs, and would like to get a pair of the SB-13 Ultras. Do you think it would be better to have a pair of each (i.e. PB-13's and SB-13's) or have four of all the same? If I do all four of the same, it would have to be four SB-13's due to size constraints.

What do you think?
bambam is online now  
post #107 of 275 Old 08-15-2013, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ed Mullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,943
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post

I currently have a pair of PB-13 Ultras. Love them. I'm thinking of moving to four subs, and would like to get a pair of the SB-13 Ultras. Do you think it would be better to have a pair of each (i.e. PB-13's and SB-13's) or have four of all the same? If I do all four of the same, it would have to be four SB-13's due to size constraints.

What do you think?

Unless you want to run the PB13-Ultra in sealed mode, quad SB13-Ultra would be the best choice. The PB13U (in vented mode) and SB13U have dissimilar frequency and phase responses and may not integrate optimally in-room. Even with the PB13U in sealed mode, it would not have an identical phase response as the SB13U (but it would certainly be closer than vented mode). Ideally though, quad SB13U would be optimal.
steve nn and hyghwayman like this.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Relations
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"

Ed Mullen is offline  
post #108 of 275 Old 08-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
bambam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Mullen View Post

Unless you want to run the PB13-Ultra in sealed mode, quad SB13-Ultra would be the best choice. The PB13U (in vented mode) and SB13U have dissimilar frequency and phase responses and may not integrate optimally in-room. Even with the PB13U in sealed mode, it would not have an identical phase response as the SB13U (but it would certainly be closer than vented mode). Ideally though, quad SB13U would be optimal.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick feedback! So, overall, would quad SB-13's give me more slam than my current pair of PB-13's? Right now, the PB's do a nice job, as my theater is in the basement and on a concrete floor. Not sure if it's the ports that are helping with that? I run the PB's in vented mode - i.e. no ports filled.
bambam is online now  
post #109 of 275 Old 08-15-2013, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ed Mullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,943
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post

Awesome. Thanks for the quick feedback! So, overall, would quad SB-13's give me more slam than my current pair of PB-13's? Right now, the PB's do a nice job, as my theater is in the basement and on a concrete floor. Not sure if it's the ports that are helping with that? I run the PB's in vented mode - i.e. no ports filled.

The answer is frequency dependent. Quad SB13U would outgun dual PB13U (in vented mode) down to about 32 Hz. In the 16-32 Hz octave, dual PB13U in the 16 Hz vented mode will still outgun quad SB13U (which really shouldn't surprise anyone). With that said, subjectively in terms of punch/slam/impact, I believe you would find the quad SB13U to be more impressive on most source material.

The higher modal density from properly placed quad SB13U would also likely result in a more optimal frequency response at the listening positions.

Finally, depending on the size of the room, the layout and the integrity of the boundaries - your HT might exhibit a significant amount of 'room gain' (i.e., acoustic transfer function), and the SB13U (with its shallower roll-off slope) will take good advantage of that. So the in-room extension will often be considerably deeper than the quasi-anechoic FR might otherwise suggest.
hyghwayman and Willland like this.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Relations
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"

Ed Mullen is offline  
post #110 of 275 Old 08-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
hyghwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Earth 4 now
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
That's some good solid info ED, thank you for sharing cool.gif

Just my 2¢ - take it or leave it for others

 

 

Halo ® 3 Beta Tester, Reach ® Beta Tester, COD ® 4 Beta Tester
XboxLive GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hyghwayman is offline  
post #111 of 275 Old 08-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
hyghwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Earth 4 now
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJulyan View Post

Just took delivery of a new SB-13 Ultra last night. Set it up this morning using the Audyssey built into my McIntosh MX121. The rest of my speakers are all B&W (L/R are 804, C is HTM4, surrounds and back surrounds are 805). The SB-13 Ultra seems to integrate well with my system. I got the piano black gloss finish to go with my B&W's. It sounds great, but I am relieved that it also looks good; from the pictures I'd seen, I was worried about the grill, but it looks fine. No complaints. All I did before running Audyssey was set the SB-13's volume to -10dB (as recommended by a guy at SVS) so it wouldn't get maximum reduction from Audyssey.
Welcome to the club Bill, I've got the same sub and absolutely love it.

Just my 2¢ - take it or leave it for others

 

 

Halo ® 3 Beta Tester, Reach ® Beta Tester, COD ® 4 Beta Tester
XboxLive GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hyghwayman is offline  
post #112 of 275 Old 08-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Member
 
Willland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kissimmee,Fl
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Ed Mullen,

You guys got any SB13 Plus' in cherry lying around? I don't see any on the used market ever, except for the one I bought a few months ago. If I can find another cherry SB13 Plus, I will probably sell my fantastic Revel B15, which I know I will regret.frown.gif

Thanks,
Bill
Willland is offline  
post #113 of 275 Old 08-16-2013, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Snowmanick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Mullen View Post

The answer is frequency dependent. Quad SB13U would outgun dual PB13U (in vented mode) down to about 32 Hz. In the 16-32 Hz octave, dual PB16U in the 16 Hz vented mode will still outgun quad SB13U (which really shouldn't surprise anyone). With that said, subjectively in terms of punch/slam/impact, I believe you would find the quad SB13U to be more impressive on most source material.

The higher modal density from properly placed quad SB13U would also likely result in a more optimal frequency response at the listening positions.

Finally, depending on the size of the room, the layout and the integrity of the boundaries - your HT might exhibit a significant amount of 'room gain' (i.e., acoustic transfer function), and the SB13U (with its shallower roll-off slope) will take good advantage of that. So the in-room extension will often be considerably deeper than the quasi-anechoic FR might otherwise suggest.

Dual PB16U's? Freudian slip or typo? Anything you'd care to share?

~Nick

 

Augustine's Law: "The last 10% of performance generates one-third of the cost and two-thirds of the problems."

Snowmanick is offline  
post #114 of 275 Old 08-31-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CHASLS2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa FL area
Posts: 1,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I'm thinking about getting oNe for my 14x13 bedroom to replace my SB12 NSD.

Panny 60VT60 Acurus 200x3
Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 Oppo 83's Pioneer Elite DV 59AVI
Paradigm SIg2 v3's & 490cc
Pioneer Elite SC61 SVS SB12NSD
2 S-VHS VCR's
CHASLS2 is offline  
post #115 of 275 Old 08-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Member
 
Willland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kissimmee,Fl
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post

I'm thinking about getting oNe for my 14x13 bedroom to replace my SB12 NSD.

Charles.

An SB13 Ultra will pound your room. I know if your previous Sunfire TSS could pressurize your room, the SB13U will have an easy go of it.

Bill
Willland is offline  
post #116 of 275 Old 08-31-2013, 08:39 AM
Member
 
Willland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kissimmee,Fl
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
CHASLS2,

I sent you a PM through AVS.

Bill
Willland is offline  
post #117 of 275 Old 08-31-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CHASLS2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa FL area
Posts: 1,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willland View Post

Charles.

An SB13 Ultra will pound your room. I know if your previous Sunfire TSS could pressurize your room, the SB13U will have an easy go of it.

Bill

My SB12 NSD does a good job as it is. I thinking about adding another SB12 NSD or going with the Ultra.

Panny 60VT60 Acurus 200x3
Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 Oppo 83's Pioneer Elite DV 59AVI
Paradigm SIg2 v3's & 490cc
Pioneer Elite SC61 SVS SB12NSD
2 S-VHS VCR's
CHASLS2 is offline  
post #118 of 275 Old 08-31-2013, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CHASLS2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa FL area
Posts: 1,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willland View Post

CHASLS2,

I sent you a PM through AVS.

Bill

I got it. Thanks.

Panny 60VT60 Acurus 200x3
Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 Oppo 83's Pioneer Elite DV 59AVI
Paradigm SIg2 v3's & 490cc
Pioneer Elite SC61 SVS SB12NSD
2 S-VHS VCR's
CHASLS2 is offline  
post #119 of 275 Old 09-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 993
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 326
To all that may be interested: I have posted a review (a short synopsis ... well, short for me) on XS30 and how it compares to my SB13-Ultra, in the review section of this website. You can find it here: http://www.avsforum.com/products/xs30/reviews/4360
Kini62 likes this.
dsrussell is online now  
post #120 of 275 Old 09-01-2013, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 2,975
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post

To all that may be interested: I have posted a review (a short synopsis ... well, short for me) on XS30 and how it compares to my SB13-Ultra, in the review section of this website. You can find it here: http://www.avsforum.com/products/xs30/reviews/4360

Very nice review. Thanks for taking the time todo this. Things like this are very helpful to those looking to buy.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off