Just got an older Rotel RB-890 (from the early 80's?) off some guy from Craigslist for $80.
After I got it home, I took it apart to see new-ish (not original) transistors on one of the channels. There was also the stains of what looks like Coca Cola at the bottom of the case. One of the channels has a broken board trace leading to a resistor which has one of its legs broken (resistor leg was sloppily soldered back together, which didn't hold). 3 of the 4 fuses were wrapped in thin bare wire and put back in place.
I worked on the amp (replace 4 internal fuses, took the electronics out of one of the channels to clean up a past soda spill at the bottom of the heat sink, fixed an electronic circuit board trace that was burnt out, and re-soldered a resistor that had one of the legs broken directly back on the board). I went through both channel boards and figured what the heck, let's plug it in, turn it on with nothing attached and see if anything smokes (so far so good).
Then I had to modify my CV CLS-15s to bypass the burnt out internal plate amp and connect the external amp to it. I didn't want to make a new plate for it, so nstead I just took the fuse out of the Bash amp, cut the internal power wiring and used one set of the speaker posts to directly connect to the subwoofer driver). In order to eliminate confusion, I just unscrewed the rest of the unused posts from the busted Bash amp and to my surprise they completely unscrewed. I'm using it in bridged mode with the 15" sub.
From what I was able to google, the Rotel has power rating of 160W x 2 or 350W x 1 into 8 ohms; 250W x 2 into 4 ohm.
After a recalibration of the sub level, I find the sub to be flabbier sounding than I remember. I'm now contemplating building a sealed sub.
All in all, I think it was worth the 80+ mile round trip.