AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/)
-   -   Quick thoughts please on B stock subs? (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1457814-quick-thoughts-please-b-stock-subs.html)

Soupy1970 02-12-2013 09:44 AM

I just called HSU about ordering a sub. They say they have one B stock for $610 as opposed to $699. They say it has a small chip on the bottom side. I told him to give me a minute to think it over and I would call back. Do you guys think it's worth the $90 savings? I am at the end of my budget on this purchase but after reading the forums here I figured I would splurge on the Sub over say the always on sale Klipsch. The only thing I lose on B-stock is the 30 day trial but I can't imagine I would be sending one back because I did not like it. I'm sure it's going to blow my older 10" Klipsch out of the water that I been using on loan from my brother.

Without seeing it I just don't know what to do. I keep thinking that my luck I will buy the A-stock and it will either get a nick during shipment or I will nick it myself anyway. What to do... What to do?

KidHorn 02-12-2013 09:52 AM

I fthe only issue is a small cosmetic blemish, I would buy it.

raaj 02-12-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post

I just called HSU about ordering a sub. They say they have one B stock for $610 as opposed to $699. They say it has a small chip on the bottom side. I told him to give me a minute to think it over and I would call back. Do you guys think it's worth the $90 savings? I am at the end of my budget on this purchase but after reading the forums here I figured I would splurge on the Sub over say the always on sale Klipsch. The only thing I lose on B-stock is the 30 day trial but I can't imagine I would be sending one back because I did not like it. I'm sure it's going to blow my older 10" Klipsch out of the water that I been using on loan from my brother.

Without seeing it I just don't know what to do. I keep thinking that my luck I will buy the A-stock and it will either get a nick during shipment or I will nick it myself anyway. What to do... What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHorn View Post

I fthe only issue is a small cosmetic blemish, I would buy it.

+1. If you want peace of mind, you could ask them for pics of the damage, and assurance that any damage is only cosmetic. I can understand the need to make the $$$ stretch, and if you are just going to stow the sub out of sight , you might as well save some money. Be careful that if the cosmetic damage is a big nick, it's possible there might be some unseen damage to the other components.

volta 02-12-2013 10:51 AM

Good idea on the pics. I'm sure they can accomodate. Still, I would jump on it. It won't affect the performance and you still get full warranty. It's a win-win IMO

Soupy1970 02-12-2013 11:03 AM

I ordered the A-stock for $699. I was about to jump on the B-stock but I was a few dollars off on the price quote. $617 was the price. I know it's only $7 more but I was already at a 50/50 decision so I figured it was the gods pushing me toward the A-stock. For anyone looking for the HSU VTF-3 MK4 the one B-stock they have, it supposedly has a very small nick toward the back bottom side. Since I am not sure how the finish is applied, my only concern was some kind of peeling down the road. If it's painted then that would not have been a problem and a black sharpie could have covered it up.