post #31 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 09:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl View Post

Then i will go for this sub. Im sure it will sound great smile.gif Does it match with my current 8'' jamo subwoofer? Maybe i can put the 8'' back near the sofa and the klipsch sub in the front of the room ?
I would but the jamo by the sofa because thats the only place you will be able to hear it once you get the klipsch. I would put the klipsch wherever it sounds best. Placement can be crucial with a subwoofer.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I'm not sure about the 8" sub with the klipsch, not sure it could keep up.. While I have the bic pl 200 and love it for movies the klipsch is a favorite on this forum. I do know its better to TRY and match subs not necessarily to increase power but to fill them room, I'm sure someone more knowlegdable will help you out smile.gif
post #33 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl View Post

Anyway, what is your subwoofers suggestions for this room ?

Either the Klipsch, RW-12d or the BIC, PL-200. Both will give you excellent sound for the price or bang-for-buck.

Two additional thoughts, later I'd consider budgeting for a second sub for reasons of smoothing out the sound quality coupled to room reinforcement and acquiring the ability to measure your room's acoustics so you can best dial in your subwoofer system into your room's acoustics; integration. A badly integrated subwoofer system will steal or ruin sound quality and cause top performing subs to perform poorly.

-
post #34 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Im not so sure about it either. But what to do? If nothing else, the RW12 should do well by itself.
Unless he wants to buy 2 of them this is the best its gonna get. If he was even somewhat satisfied with the jamo 8 then he will be thrilled with the RW12.

post #35 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Your Jamo would be lost with the Klipsch in your room. You may have a slight increase in spl levels(maybe +1 or 2db) between 40 and 80Hz, but below that you'll basically just hear the Klipsch.

This may not seem like an issue, but it will give the impression that you have a slightly uneven in room response. Below 40Hz will sound like it's lacking a bit compared to over 40Hz. Not much, but probably enough to make you quit using the Jamo all together.

post #36 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Im not so sure about it either. But what to do? If nothing else, the RW12 should do well by itself.

+1, that room is open and because of that it will be hard to pressurize it with a budget sub, once you start talking about subs going below 30hz(I think the klipsch can the 200 is about 30 hz). your talking about feeling it no hearing. And with that kinda room it's tough, most people have that problem in their houses including myself you just have to do the best you can with what you got. Or, make a dedicated HT room smile.gif
post #37 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louquid View Post

Your Jamo would be lost with the Klipsch in your room. You may have a slight increase in spl levels(maybe +1 or 2db) between 40 and 80Hz, but below that you'll basically just hear the Klipsch.

This may not seem like an issue, but it will give the impression that you have a slightly uneven in room response. Below 40Hz will sound like it's lacking a bit compared to over 40Hz. Not much, but probably enough to make you quit using the Jamo all together.
+1 That would also be my expectation. The rw alone will do fine.

post #38 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:

Get one now save up and get another one later, I bet he'll need it in that kind of room especially since I bet after he does a sub crawl he's not going to like where he would have to put it to get the most out of the sub lol..
post #39 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glantern30 View Post

+1, that room is open and because of that it will be hard to pressurize it with a budget sub, once you start talking about subs going below 30hz(I think the klipsch can the 200 is about 30 hz). your talking about feeling it no hearing. And with that kinda room it's tough, most people have that problem in their houses including myself you just have to do the best you can with what you got. Or, make a dedicated HT room smile.gif

If you can't hear 25Hz from a sub you wouldn't be feeling it either. Unless you have some sort of hearing damage or issues. 17Hz is typically the last point before feeling bass without hearing it. (In room of course, at pretty high spl levels, and with people who have good hearing.)

OP, how much will the shipping be for you?

post #40 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Get one now save up and get another one later, I bet he'll need it in that kind of room especially since I bet after he does a sub crawl he's not going to like where he would have to put it to get the most out of the sub lol..

This is true. lol. I have one spot to put a sub in my room, and it seems to be the worst spot ever. I think that's typical for everyone.

post #41 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 09:51 AM

if I'm wrong I apologize I'm pretty sure I've ready several times on this site that 20 hz and below you can't hear it's more of the sound pressure you feel?? just want to make sure I understand?? Thanks
post #42 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:

if I'm wrong I apologize I'm pretty sure I've ready several times on this site that 20 hz and below you can't hear it's more of the sound pressure you feel?? just want to make sure I understand?? Thanks

Yes, subsonic or infrasonic but despite not being able to hear the produced frequencies, you can feel them in the same sense you can feel rumblings.
post #43 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

There is a graph somewhere that shows the required SPL levels to hear/feel every frequency. A person would have a hard time hearing 16Hz, but it is possible with a really high spl level. But typically below 20Hz the majority of people simply feel the pressurization and rumbling of the room around them.

post #44 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louquid View Post

There is a graph somewhere that shows the required SPL levels to hear/feel every frequency. A person would have a hard time hearing 16Hz, but it is possible with a really high spl level. But typically below 20Hz the majority of people simply feel the pressurization and rumbling of the room around them.

Equal Loudness contour, also called Fletcher Munson Curves
post #45 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

i will get the klipsch
sub then i remove the jamo subwoofer. Is there anyway i can get the best out of this klipsch sub in my kind of room ?
post #46 of 46 Old 02-13-2013, 02:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers