Yamaha NS-W210 only left channel? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-13-2013, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an Onkyo TX-8050 stereo reciever with four Boston Acoustics A Series bookshelf speakers and a Yamaha NS-W210 sub.

For some reason the sub output is only out of the left channel...is this normal?

I bought the Onkyo refurbished. If there is a problem could it be the Onkyo or the Yamaha or possibly the sub cable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Lance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-14-2013, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceinnola View Post

I have an Onkyo TX-8050 stereo reciever with four Boston Acoustics A Series bookshelf speakers and a Yamaha NS-W210 sub.

For some reason the sub output is only out of the left channel...is this normal?

I bought the Onkyo refurbished. If there is a problem could it be the Onkyo or the Yamaha or possibly the sub cable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Lance

1)Do you have the subwoofer output of the receiver connected to a RCA input on the sub?

If not, how is the subwoofer connected?

If son, how did you determine that the subwoofer is only reproducing the signals from the "left channel"?

Tom V.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-14-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 554
I can't find a Yamaha NS-W210, but I can find an NS-SW210. It appears to have a single LFE input (as well as a gain knob and a power button). The Onkyo AVR has three different pre-outputs: L+R main-channel out; subwoofer out; and Zone 2 out.

OP, are you running a connection from the output circled in red (below) on your AVR, to the input on the sub?
- If 'no', try this connection.
- If 'yes', then perhaps you need to: try a different cable; raise the gain on the sub itself; check some settings in the receiver's speaker set-up menu.

post #4 of 4 Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks guys, you are right, I had it plugged into standard left channel pre-out as eljaycanuck's diagram suggests. Plugging it into the sub pre-out fixed things, doh! Btw, I bought the receiver from Accessories4less. Have you guys ever bought from them before? And if so, turnouts were good? Thanks again for all your efforts in helping out.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page