Subwoofer audyssey calibration... weaksauce "reference level" - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

Old 07-11-2016, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mike,

Sorry for the slow response, been out of town. Have not tried cycling Audyssey off/on - been focused on trying a different microphone, altering mic positions, adjusting levels, minor sub position changes. None of those really helped. What change did help (at least a bit) was to alter the sub distances to be the same as my previous good calibration. New Sub distances are very consistent with each new calibration but slightly different than the original values with the better sub performance.

Original (good) Sub Distances:
SW1: 11.0' - Supercube Reference
SW2: 16.6' - 25-31 PC+

New (poor) Sub Distances:
SW1: 10.8' - Supercube Reference
SW2: 15.2' - 25-31 PC+

When I change the sub distance values to those of the original calibration, bass impact improves but still not the air moving hard hitting impact I had before even with levels bumped up 7-9 dB over Audyssey calibration settings. So something is still not right.

Starting to wonder if there something causing Audyssey to incorrectly set sub phase/distance. Nothing else (and I mean nothing) changed. Recalibrating yields the same disappointing results repeatedly. I don't know, something else seems amiss. Shouldn't need to alter crossovers to get close to where I was before.....

Really appreciate your terrific assistance and questions.

Rich

Last edited by richsto; 07-12-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Audyssey , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Onkyo Tx Nr818 Home Theater A V Receiver Bundle