Like a vote : if you have between 1600$ , 1700$ ??? PSA XV30!!!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello every one . I am so interested when I lock to power sound audio XV30 (PSA XV30).

It's so big and has two 15 drivers!!!!!! 750 watt

So what's the story ?

Is really it very strong to compare it to Svs PB 13 ULTRA.

If yes... So

If you have a budget between 1600$ and 1700$ you go with it (I mean PSA XV30) rather than SVS PB 13 ULTRA.

PSA XV30 vs SVS PB13 ULTRA !!!!!!! Who's Victory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZozoA320 View Post

Hello every one . I am so interested when I lock to power sound audio XV30 (PSA XV30).

It's so big and has two 15 drivers!!!!!! 750 watt

So what's the story ?

Is really it very strong to compare it to Svs PB 13 ULTRA.

If yes... So

If you have a budget between 1600$ and 1700$ you go with it (I mean PSA XV30) rather than SVS PB 13 ULTRA.

PSA XV30 vs SVS PB13 ULTRA !!!!!!! Who's Victory.

Well since your budget is about 3-400 short for an Ultra I dont know why you asked. That said, I think that a FV15HP from Rhythmik might be more of a direct comparison price wise. Rythmik FV15HP (full disclosure, I havent heard either of these).

I have heard and seen a piano black Ultra. It is stunning to look and is a beast of a sub.
post #3 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 190
I would get 2 xv15's over one xv30 since you can separate the drivers and get a more even sound.
post #4 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I think you need to detemine how big a factor WAF is. I like the PSA subs, but the design is somewhat industrial looking. The SVS subs, IMHO, are a nicer looking product but you pay more. PSA, to me, is more about price to performance.

So if WAF is not an issue, I would focus on PSA vs Rythmik FV15HP.

At $2K you are also in dual Hsu VTF-15H territory.. I would recommend dual PSA XV-15 or dual Hsu VTF-15H subs if you can swing it.
post #5 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

I think you need to detemine how big a factor WAF is. I like the PSA subs, but the design is somewhat industrial looking. The SVS subs, IMHO, are a nicer looking product but you pay more. PSA, to me, is more about price to performance.

So if WAF is not an issue, I would focus on PSA vs Rythmik FV15HP.

At $2K you are also in dual Hsu VTF-15H territory.. I would recommend dual PSA XV-15 or dual Hsu VTF-15H subs if you can swing it.

Thank you mr ack ,, my respect for you and many many thanks
post #6 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 AM

Liked: 12
+2 for the dual XV15's

Theatre
Onkyo TX-NR818 * Epson 8700UB * Samsung BD-E5900 * Cornscala - Heresy II - Cornscala (LCR) * PSA XV15 SUB
2 Channel
C 33 Pre * MC 2505 Amp * Thorens TD-160 w/ Denon DL-110
Cornscalas w/ Custom Mid Horns from Dave at Fastlane Audio, Tweeters from Bob Crites and ALK Universal X-Overs.
post #7 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Not to hijack the OP's thread.. but what else should one be looking at for ~$1700? Single sub solution preferred, clean and low vs. maximum SPL.
post #8 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post

Not to hijack the OP's thread.. but what else should one be looking at for ~$1700? Single sub solution preferred, clean and low vs. maximum SPL.

If you have the room and wanted only one sub.....XV-30 at $1,400.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #9 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post

If you have the room and wanted only one sub.....XV-30 at $1,400.

Thanks. That is one big mother. Gonna need to measure.
post #10 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 08:40 PM

Pb12-plus run it sealed run it 20hz tune run it 16hz tune. It really is an amazing piece of engineering. And lots of power.
post #11 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post

Thanks. That is one big mother. Gonna need to measure.

Yes, but you said you wanted a one sub solution. It matters though the size room you have to fill. The subs already mentioned in the thread will work also. The XV-15, VTF-15H, and the Rythmik will all work fine as one sub solutions but I don't feel they will match the output of the XV-30 head to head. But hey, you may not need nor want a sub that big.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #12 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregger72 View Post

Pb12-plus run it sealed run it 20hz tune run it 16hz tune. It really is an amazing piece of engineering. And lots of power.

PB13 Ultra was on my short list for a long time... now it doesn't seem to be a good value based on general discussions around here?
Quote:

Yes, but you said you wanted a one sub solution. It matters though the size room you have to fill. The subs already mentioned in the thread will work also. The XV-15, VTF-15H, and the Rythmik will all work fine as one sub solutions but I don't feel they will match the output of the XV-30 head to head. But hey, you may not need nor want a sub that big.

Room is only 13'W x 15'L x 8'H. Rythmik FV15HP seems like a strong contender, but like the XV-30, kinda boring in appearance. Seaton SubM HP looks (and I'm sure, sounds) pretty incredible, but that's another level up, price-wise.
post #13 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
I looked at dual VTF-15H, PSA XV30, Rythmik FV15HP and lusted after HP Submersive and JTR S1 / S2.

When I talked to some guys that actually have heard all these and MUCH more. They told me if you can get the HP Sub or the JTR...if you can't...get the Rythmik and add another one later if you can.

When I asked the guy who makes my L/R speakers...he said he dosen't buy premade subs..but if he did he would go with servo.

So...Just pulled the trigger on the FV15HP. It was quality and output that decided me for the Rythmik.. I am relying on some others...I have NOT heard all these...but the people advising me have.

I will give a complete review after I get it... "The Rythmik subwoofer will drop ship from Texas within 3-5 business days."
post #14 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:

the Rythmik will ... work fine as one sub solutions but I don't feel they will match the output of the XV-30 head to head. But hey, you may not need nor want a sub that big.

Prime, why not? You would expect a XV30 to have about twice the output of a XV15. Now look at data-bass.com, compare the measurements for a XV15 to FV15HP. You'll see that through most of the measured frequencies, the FV15HP has roughly twice the output of the XV15, except around 50 hz. I think the FV15HP would keep up with a XV30 pretty well. That Rythmik driver is no joke.
post #15 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I needed something that would look more at home in my living room than a high school gym. I ended up with a gloss black Rythmik FV15HP and have never looked back. I am sure my opinion is pretty biased but I also researched for 6mo before making my decision:)

Oppo BDP103, Mitsubishi WD8240, Klipsch RF-63's, Pioneer Elite SC-25, Furman Elite 15, Emotiva XPA-5, Harmony 1100, Rythmik FV15HP

post #16 of 18 Old 02-27-2013, 12:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Unless you've seen the finish of a PSA sub in person I don't think it's fair to make comments about their finish looking like it belongs in a high school gym. I have two XS30s and they blend in nicely to almost any room. Even in the Audioholics review they had this to say about the finish

"At first judging from the pictures online that I had seen I assumed that the XV15 finish would be a very rough black finish similar to truck bed-liner. Very durable and tough but not very civilized. On that account I was wrong. The finish, which is described by Power Sound as a “sand” texture, is much better looking than I thought it would be. It is a dark, slate gray/black that has a very smooth texture similar to a fine grit sand paper and is almost satin in appearance. It looks much better in person than in the pictures. "

Sure it doesn't look like it belongs sitting beside a baby grand piano in a fancy room, but I would say for 95% of the time it would be totally fine because it doesn't call attention to itself.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
post #17 of 18 Old 02-27-2013, 02:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Unless you've seen the finish of a PSA sub in person I don't think it's fair to make comments about their finish looking like it belongs in a high school gym. I have two XS30s and they blend in nicely to almost any room. Even in the Audioholics review they had this to say about the finish

"At first judging from the pictures online that I had seen I assumed that the XV15 finish would be a very rough black finish similar to truck bed-liner. Very durable and tough but not very civilized. On that account I was wrong. The finish, which is described by Power Sound as a “sand” texture, is much better looking than I thought it would be. It is a dark, slate gray/black that has a very smooth texture similar to a fine grit sand paper and is almost satin in appearance. It looks much better in person than in the pictures. "

Sure it doesn't look like it belongs sitting beside a baby grand piano in a fancy room, but I would say for 95% of the time it would be totally fine because it doesn't call attention to itself.

I could care less about the finish at that great price! As long as the finish isn't reflective than I'm happy biggrin.gif

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #18 of 18 Old 02-27-2013, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

I finished my DIY subs using a finish called "Duratex" which is specifically made for speaker cabinets. I am almost positive this is what PSA is using on their subs. I used an ultra smooth roller and sanded between coats, so my finish is not quite as textured, but nonetheless, even the textured finish, IMHO, looks nice. The win with this is that Duratex is extremely durable and with kids, and a front projector, I did not want something that would reflect light or show hand prints easy (piano gloss).

I personally really like the Duratex finish, but I do think PSA will eventually have to offer more finish options as it is not for everyone.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page