Anybody use the Sub-Link 2.4 GHz Wireless Subwoofer System ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 03-01-2013, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just picked up a new SVS PB12-NSD and wondering if the was a viable option? Is it reliable? any interference ? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-02-2013, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 16
Anyone?
post #3 of 10 Old 08-11-2013, 09:25 PM

Liked: 10
Did you end getting one, also curious how well it works?
post #4 of 10 Old 08-12-2013, 06:23 PM

I've had one for about three weeks. Had to replace a Soundcast Subcast. It kept dropping the signal and when it would the sub would make a loud noise. So far the Sub-Link has worked flawlessly. No interference or drop-outs and I think it introduces less delay than the subcast did. It's a nice small unit and it comes with dual sided tape to mount it to the sub. I highly recommend.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-14-2013, 01:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am considering this too as I will be adding 2 more subs to my current 5.2 system. No intention to pull a long cable to the back. I was told that it is important to have both receiver and sender units at line of sight for it to work effectively.

Bass, please. Shaken, not stirred.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-14-2013, 06:29 AM

My components are in a closet behind the screen and the subwoofer sits left of the screen. Its only about fifteen feet away but the signal does have to travel through the wall so it doesn't require true line of sight. At least not at the distance I'm using it for. I am interested in how it works with two receivers because at some point I want to add a second sub. I did some research prior to buying it and I can't remember where I found it, but I'm pretty sure you can use two receivers with one transmitter. I think I read that in the forum of the Dayton website. Would be interested to see if anybody has any experience with that.

To be fair to the Subcast system, it seemed to work well for about a year without any problems but once it started having the dropouts it was a huge nuisance and nothing I did to try to fix the problem helped. I'm much happier, so far, with this unit. Compared to the Sub-link, the Subcast units were larger, cost 3x as much, and its appearance was more interesting to my 11 month-old.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-15-2013, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by HendersonZoom View Post

My components are in a closet behind the screen and the subwoofer sits left of the screen. Its only about fifteen feet away but the signal does have to travel through the wall so it doesn't require true line of sight. At least not at the distance I'm using it for. I am interested in how it works with two receivers because at some point I want to add a second sub. I did some research prior to buying it and I can't remember where I found it, but I'm pretty sure you can use two receivers with one transmitter. I think I read that in the forum of the Dayton website. Would be interested to see if anybody has any experience with that.

To be fair to the Subcast system, it seemed to work well for about a year without any problems but once it started having the dropouts it was a huge nuisance and nothing I did to try to fix the problem helped. I'm much happier, so far, with this unit. Compared to the Sub-link, the Subcast units were larger, cost 3x as much, and its appearance was more interesting to my 11 month-old.

A single transmitter will work fine with dual receivers. I tested this unit prior to SVS listing it - and I agree it outperforms other wireless competition at higher prices. It links up quickly, stays linked, doesn't add noise, is quite immune to other sources of RFI like wi-fi and mobile phones, has acceptable latency, and it has a very wide bandwidth (F3 is 6 Hz!).

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Relations
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"

post #8 of 10 Old 08-17-2013, 01:57 PM

Just got now system today and not sure its paired. Should the links be blinking on both the transmitter or receiver? Can someone help me in how I pair these, i see 1 button on each device but not sure what to do. thanks
post #9 of 10 Old 08-17-2013, 02:09 PM

Mine was already paired and the lights are solid blue, no blinking. The instructions aren't real helpful. Maybe try searching Dayton forums. Sorry, I wish I knew more. If I find anything I'll post a link.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-17-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HendersonZoom View Post

Mine was already paired and the lights are solid blue, no blinking. The instructions aren't real helpful. Maybe try searching Dayton forums. Sorry, I wish I knew more. If I find anything I'll post a link.

figured it out, apparently you need to have the modules close to each other to pair. Its a solid light now and working great so far. Thx
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page