JUST SPOKE WITH CHAD AND EPIK IS EXTREMELY HEALTHY, BUT OVERWHELMED - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Be prepared for a "chad" to pop up in the forums, and his first post to be:
"Hi guys, it's Chad here. Just letting you all know my business is solid and you can absolutely buy from me with confidence" :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 03-02-2013, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Sad really. I would have bought a second Empire then minute they went on sale
post #33 of 40 Old 03-02-2013, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdush View Post

All I did was pass along what Chad told me. If that is not good enough and you are so upset about Epik, quit wasting so much time worrying about it and move on. But then again, I guess it is fun to complain

You're missing the point. Out of the blue you searched out this site and made an account just to speak for chad, all this out of the goodness of your heart.
Are you the new Epik spokesperson or just a shill?

You see, so long as you post it then Chad really doesn't to be accountable for what you say. Since you aren't a Epik rep, what you say means nothing, it's not like you have any credibility here.

I guess you can understand the disbelief when some random guy pops up expecting to believed when the OWNER isn't making those claims in puplic.
its phillip likes this.
post #34 of 40 Old 03-02-2013, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 735
Gdush you have to remember not to take stuff personally, but sputter1 makes a point that a lot of people would feel the same. No one really knows you and you're not a regular contributor to these forums and out of no where you make your first post telling everyone everything's great with Chad and Epik. It comes across poorly even if it wasn't your intention. When you make a post like that you should have your flame suit on, and remember not to take things personally.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
post #35 of 40 Old 03-02-2013, 12:11 PM

Liked: 10
+1
post #36 of 40 Old 03-02-2013, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

IMO, an ID owner shouldn't have to chime in on threads outside of his own company's blog (never mind that Tom V., Mr. Hsu, "Rythmik" Brian, Ed Mullen and Mark Seaton regularly do), but the least he should do is:
- respond to his customers' e-mails and phone calls on a timely basis; and
- post regular status updates on his own company's site *especially* when he's getting e-mails and calls from concerned customers.

Promising new and exciting gear is no substitute for support for existing customers, or good communication with existing or potential customers.

sounds reasonable to me...until I hear something from the horses mouth I call BS.

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
post #37 of 40 Old 03-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdush View Post

At the end of the day I totally agree that Epik's lack of communication has not been good, actually it has been terrible. I know people had heard nothing from the company, so I tried to do somethig nice and tell you what Chad told me in order to give you some sort of update. I think I will keep things to myself next time.
Greg
Right, and a quick word over the phone is enough to give you the warm fuzzies and reassure you that all is well with Epik?
post #38 of 40 Old 03-02-2013, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchong View Post

Right, and a quick word over the phone is enough to give you the warm fuzzies and reassure you that all is well with Epik?

I'll admit that I was another who called chad (maybe a month ago). I told him I was very interested in another Empire and he basically told me (not in so many words), but the Empire as we know it will no longer exist and that he had something big he was working on and vendor issues, and well you've heard it before. The last thing he said to me was that he was working on updating his blog and day now. The last posting was 12/5/12.

I had ZERO issues with my Empire. But I set-up my JTR Captivator today and OMG.
post #39 of 40 Old 03-03-2013, 05:10 AM

Liked: 28
I don't know... those so willing to jump back on the Epik bandwagon after everything that has gone on and still goes on to this day with no signs of life on the horizon (OPs post notwithstanding), it does remind me a little of that saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Sure, it is better to have more ID companies in good health thus increasing competition, but surely you cannot be so quick to forgive and forget everything that has transpired with Epik and the complete absence of customer service? Even with their excellent subs again notwithstanding, what makes people think anything will be different once and IF Epik starts production once more? As far as we know, the same person(s) will be in charge and only thing they seem to think will fix things is by bringing out some new subs: "Hey, don't worry about months of no production, the complete lack of care shown to our existing customer base or the reputed poor QC of our amps, what matters is we have some kickass new subs coming out in the indefinite future, so just buy one already!"

Granted, nothing was said or perhaps inferred in so many words according to the OP, but mere words will not fix Epik's dire PR predicament IMO or the obvious lack of management skills. Many will be eager to see them return but it will be interesting to see how many are willing to do new business with them whenever they come back.

I think it would safe to assume that the same people will be in charge so I, for one, can't see a whole lot changing in the long term.

My 2c.
post #40 of 40 Old 03-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Yeah, I gotta say I agree. I do think I'll give them another shot, but I sure hope the customer service issues aren't so bad going forth.

Lumenlab "Community driven video lab".
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page