JUST SPOKE WITH CHAD AND EPIK IS EXTREMELY HEALTHY, BUT OVERWHELMED - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
To put all of your concerns to rest. I have been frustrated with the communication or lack there of coming from Chat at Epik. This led me to doubt the stability of the company. I did get in touch with Chad today and found out that they are extremely solid. He sincerely appologized to me for not getting back with me and the rest of you. He has been working crazy hours and traveling to finalize parts. ALL of the subs are made in house by hand and the holiday sale was 5 times more than expected. It will be a couple months before product is ready to order, but he is very excited and will be introducing VERY SERIOUS NO HOLDS BARRED subs going forward while keeping the price very reasonable. He told me he sincerely appologizes and would do a better job communicating with the public.

I am once again one happy Epik customer
Sincerely,
Gregory Dush
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 106
This reminds me so much of eD it is scary.

A couple of months from now is pushing May.

What company can take a 6 month hiatus from answering phones, email, updating their website, participating in forums, or actually selling product to consumers and not expect people to question the business.

Too many other options, and buying an Epik sub seems like a big gamble.
post #3 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1262

There was a post in the Epik thread similar to the Op's. Chad was going to update his site soon. That was on Jan. 19th.

Post #19091 also. http://www.avsforum.com/t/885079/official-epik-subwoofer-thread/19080

"he is currently updating his websites blog and hope to be done with that tonight."

Over three weeks ago.

We've heard this story before.

Denon AVR-4520CI
Carver Amazing Originals/ Carver Amazing Silvers
(2) Sonotube Subs with 18" Stereo Integrity D4 Drivers
Projector: BenQ W1070
Some audio history:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=222FF...3449%21138&v=3
post #4 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 60
How hard would it be for him to take 20 seconds to come here and post that himself? lol.
lewdogg likes this.

post #5 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by its phillip View Post

How hard would it be for him to take 20 seconds to come here and post that himself? lol.

Just update your Facebook page and your main website. The last update on his website was December 5th saying it would be a month or so before more subs are available and they will keep people updated...

If he offers pre-orders on his new subs and charges your card before they ship my advice is to stay far, far, away.
its phillip likes this.
post #6 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
I hope for the sake of the ID market that this is actually whats going to happen. We don't need another black eye from another ID company going belly up.
post #7 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:

What makes you think he didn't?
its phillip likes this.

post #8 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:

+1

A simple note on the website is all it would take. Instead there has been silence. Anyone in PR will tell you silence says A LOT.
post #9 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

I hope for the sake of the ID market that this is actually whats going to happen. We don't need another black eye from another ID company going belly up.

Dumb question: what is ID market?
post #10 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post

Dumb question: what is ID market?
Internet Direct. No middleman!
post #11 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 04:27 PM

Liked: 16
This is sad, I'm still running my Epik Castle I bought back in early 08 and couldn't be more happier. Hope they get their stuff together.
post #12 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 155
This not the way a business communicates with it's customers. Epik does not appear to care about it's image or customers. To much time and energy as been spent by members on this forum trying to defend the company. This is clearly a case of a company abandoning it's customers!

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
post #13 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 587
IMO, an ID owner shouldn't have to chime in on threads outside of his own company's blog (never mind that Tom V., Mr. Hsu, "Rythmik" Brian, Ed Mullen and Mark Seaton regularly do), but the least he should do is:
- respond to his customers' e-mails and phone calls on a timely basis; and
- post regular status updates on his own company's site *especially* when he's getting e-mails and calls from concerned customers.

Promising new and exciting gear is no substitute for support for existing customers, or good communication with existing or potential customers.
post #14 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 05:24 PM

Liked: 21
I'm concerned that a) someone's first post in the forum is supposed to make everyone feel re-assured as to the safety of their money, and b) that anyone would be convinced of the 'health' of a company just because they spoke to the guy that runs it and he says so, and without any evidence to confirm. Especially coming out of the GFC where many large investment companies for years told everyone that they were 'healthy' and your money was in safe hands...

This thread stinks
its phillip likes this.
post #15 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 05:40 PM

Liked: 15
Yes it does!
post #16 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

I totally agree. Chad has done a terrible job of communicating and updating the web or facebook. He has a small hands on company that received many more orders than they could produce. They do not buy their subs from China like just about everyone else. They build them with their own hands at their facility. The reason he is so far behind is because he sold amazing subwoofers for way too cheap and tons and tons of people purchased them. Now he has to play catch up. This is no excuse for not updating the public and that needs serious attention in the future. The one thing for sure is that he builds one hell of a subwoofer and sells them for way less than he should.
Greg
post #17 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

I totally agree. Chad has done a terrible job of communicating and updating the web or facebook. He has a small hands on company that received many more orders than they could produce. They do not buy their subs from China like just about everyone else. They build them with their own hands at their facility. The reason he is so far behind is because he sold amazing subwoofers for way too cheap and tons and tons of people purchased them. Now he has to play catch up. This is no excuse for not updating the public and that needs serious attention in the future. The one thing for sure is that he builds one hell of a subwoofer and sells them for way less than he should.
Greg
post #18 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

There was a post in the Epik thread similar to the Op's. Chad was going to update his site soon. That was on Jan. 19th.

Post #19091 also. http://www.avsforum.com/t/885079/official-epik-subwoofer-thread/19080

"he is currently updating his websites blog and hope to be done with that tonight."

Over three weeks ago.

We've heard this story before.

That was me, and since then, not one update. I was a very happy Empire owner who desperately wanted to ad a second empire. For weeks and weeks I searched. Until I found a deal on a Passive JTR cap that I could not pass up. So sold and shipped my empire to jersey today, and pick up my new Cap tomorrow. If the cap didn't come along, is still be an ecstatic Empire owner.
post #19 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I just hope the company can make a comeback

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #20 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

For those of you who say this thread stinks and that Epik does not communicate with their customers. I was upset about not getting any updates from Chad and finally got in touch with him and told him how important it was to take a couple minutes each week and update the public. I spoke with him for a while and asked if I could update the forums with what he had to say and that is what I am doing. If I suck for doing it then that is fine, but all I tried to do is update fellow customers who have been as frustrated as I have. The reason this is my first post is that I have never had a need to post before. I signed up to help inform you about the companies situation.

I am not trying to persuade you to purchase Epik subs, because I do not care if you do or not. All I have tried to do is communicate what Chad told me. I would appreciate it if you did not give me **** for trying to inform you when the company failed to do so. Have they done a poor job of coommunicating? YES! A piss poor job at that. The fact is that he makes one hell of a sub and charges way too little for it.

I would appreciate if you stopped bitching about people trying to help you out. I did not have to share any of this with you and may not next time. If you still think this thread sucks, then quit following it and quit your bitching that you have not been updated,.

Greg
post #21 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 07:04 PM

Liked: 25
^^^
I don't believe anyone is bitching at you, it's the principle idea that stinks in their minds!
post #22 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
It just kind of comes across funny that your first post is to tell everyone things are still great with Chad and Epik and that he has so awesome new subs coming out. I think a lot of us get that he's a small operation but so are a lot of other ID companies. Two that come to mind are Seaton and JTR, both are one man shows and still have time to drop in once and a while and let me know what's going on. Anyone who knows anything about JTR knows that Jeff really doesn't like wasting any time on the forums but he also realizes that being a small ID company it's the nature of the business.

I would also think that everything he sold in his last big sale was probably all pre-built inventory ready to ship. Especially seeing how he's working on these "new" subs. I know he doesn't owe it too anyone to post anything but it makes smart business sense too. Which leads me to believe he just doesn't care or B something strange is going on. Either is not a good sign. And like I said earlier I hope he sticks around because its bad for the whole industry when companies go out of business whether because of being poorly run or because of finances.

If he wanted to sincerely apologize all he would have to do is take 5mins and update his web page or even Facebook.
post #23 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

At the end of the day I totally agree that Epik's lack of communication has not been good, actually it has been terrible. I know people had heard nothing from the company, so I tried to do somethig nice and tell you what Chad told me in order to give you some sort of update. I think I will keep things to myself next time.
Greg
post #24 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdush View Post

At the end of the day I totally agree that Epik's lack of communication has not been good, actually it has been terrible. I know people had heard nothing from the company, so I tried to do somethig nice and tell you what Chad told me in order to give you some sort of update. I think I will keep things to myself next time.
Greg

Lets see, he has the time to explain all this to you but nothing on his website/blog/facebook? Does that make any kind of sense to you? wink.gif
bfreedma and its phillip like this.
post #25 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 08:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Tom Cruise, Seal, and Jennifer Aniston would like everyone to know that their marriages to Katie Holmes, Heidi Klum, and Brad Pitt were very solid and had never been stronger. And I seem to recall that Neville Chamberlain said there will be peace in our time.
JD in NJ likes this.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #26 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

Tom Cruise, Seal, and Jennifer Aniston would like everyone to know that their marriages to Katie Holmes, Heidi Klum, and Brad Pitt were very solid and had never been stronger. And I seem to recall that Neville Chamberlain said there will be peace in our time.

Well then, that has to be true! tongue.gif
post #27 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Something about this Epik update just doesn't pass the smell test.
post #28 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

All I did was pass along what Chad told me. If that is not good enough and you are so upset about Epik, quit wasting so much time worrying about it and move on. But then again, I guess it is fun to complain
post #29 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 08:55 PM

It's going a little better for you on the blu-ray.com forum.

Al
post #30 of 40 Old 03-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdush View Post

All I did was pass along what Chad told me. If that is not good enough and you are so upset about Epik, quit wasting so much time worrying about it and move on. But then again, I guess it is fun to complain

The update would be much more appreciate if it was from Chad himself, which i personally don't think is too unreasonable. I understand if he's a little nervous to come here due to the animosity. I think if we all just relax a little and be welcoming to Chad returning to the forums to update us, he might be more open to. smile.gif

Lumenlab "Community driven video lab".
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page