Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 41 Old 03-02-2013, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hey guys,

I've been kicking around a sub upgrade from my M&K MX-350 mkII for 6+ months, and it's about time to pull the trigger. Although comparing these two subs as equal options might be seem odd, let me run down the pros and cons of each and please tell me what I'm missing, or which would suit my situation the best.

First off, ignore the price difference for now. Sure the Paradigm is more expensive any way you cut it, but it has some nice things going for it vs. ID sub solutions. My room is 13'W x 15'L x 8'H, fully enclosed. The location for the sub is near the front of the room next to a side wall, not in the corner however.

Things in favor of the SubM HP:
  • Pretty much guaranteed to be bad-ass
  • Better "value" than the Paradigm?

Concerns about the SubM HP:
  • It's big
  • Maybe overkill?
  • Mail order not ideal for service/warranty concerns
  • Pro-style plate amp doesn't allow for the most flexibility for auto-on, power cord length, etc

Things in favor of the Paradigm Signature Sub 1:
  • I've got a great local Paradigm dealer, so service, warranty and support is going to be excellent
  • Looks great, so much more interesting visually than a big rectangle
  • All the connection and set-up options I could ever dream of

Concerns about the Paradigm Signature Sub 1
  • Not likely to go as low/deep as SubM?
  • Included PBK-1 is superfluous, as I have a Denon AVP with Audyssey MultEQ XT32

I know some of you will have different suggestions ("go for dual Rythmik FV15HP's!") but I think dual-anything might be a logistical challenge in my room. Give some feedback, though! I'm not even sure I crave some <20Hz playback...I have two small kids in the house that are usually sleeping when I get to settle in for a movie. Sure, either of these are probably overkill, but I like to buy something fairly nice every 10-12 years and enjoy it thoroughly. I never want to find myself in the situation of "if I just spent a little more I could have had something to be happy with for 10+ years".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 03-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
HP vs Paradigm is like a fire cracker to a stick of TNT. Just look at the stats...

So I went right to your concerns and posted what I could....

I have never heard of one person ever regretting a HP purchase... Well I take that back... I hear allot of people regretting an HP purchase... They regret they cant buy 2 of them...or 4...or for those crazy people 8...and a couple people want 16 but even Mark warns about the earthquakes and fault lines when they get that far out of hand biggrin.gif

Honestly, if the wife isn't going to kill you don't walk...RUN and get one of these...if you can afford it.

It's big
Maybe overkill?
Mail order not ideal for service/warranty concerns
Pro-style plate amp doesn't allow for the most flexibilcity for auto-on, power cord length, etc

Yeah..it is big. Might have to watch the wife factor..but any sub that is going to perform like that has to be big...its physics.

No such thing as over kill... wink.gif

Legit concern...know that there are allot of owners and the HP have been fairly problem free...but still legit.

Talk to others about the Pro-Style plate amp questions you have..
post #3 of 41 Old 03-02-2013, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I appreciate the response.

Not sure if I can appreciate the "fire cracker" comment, although I've never heard the Sub 1. Based on the specs, history of Paradigm subs, and reviews I've read, it shouldn't embarrass itself in a medium-size room like mine. Again, I realize the high MSRP doesn't scream "value", but it does have quite a few appealing traits that most ID subs don't have.
post #4 of 41 Old 03-02-2013, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post

Hey guys,

I've been kicking around a sub upgrade from my M&K MX-350 mkII for 6+ months, and it's about time to pull the trigger. Although comparing these two subs as equal options might be seem odd, let me run down the pros and cons of each and please tell me what I'm missing, or which would suit my situation the best.

First off, ignore the price difference for now. Sure the Paradigm is more expensive any way you cut it, but it has some nice things going for it vs. ID sub solutions. My room is 13'W x 15'L x 8'H, fully enclosed. The location for the sub is near the front of the room next to a side wall, not in the corner however.

Things in favor of the SubM HP:
  • Pretty much guaranteed to be bad-ass
  • Better "value" than the Paradigm?

• It's big
  • Maybe overkill? IMO, there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to subs. You can always turn it down, but will have the ability to let loose when you want to. Having the headroom allows the sub to run well below its limits where distortion is lower.
  • Mail order not ideal for service/warranty concerns There is no way to know for sure, but there seems to be few warranty issues with the submersive and they have always been taken care of. It's gotten better, the one knock on Mark is at times he has been difficult to get a hold of.
  • Pro-style plate amp doesn't allow for the most flexibility for auto-on, power cord length, etc Many owners just leave the sub on at all times. The idle power draw for the submersive is about the same as the standby consumption for many other subs. Or you could get some type of remote 12V trigger to use with your AVR / processor. If you are worried about the power cord, Mark could probably send you a longer one or you can easily add the powercon connector to any cord you want.

Things in favor of the Paradigm Signature Sub 1:
  • I've got a great local Paradigm dealer, so service, warranty and support is going to be excellent
  • Looks great, so much more interesting visually than a big rectangle
    I agree these are two areas that could be advantages over the submersive. You need to decide if having a person you can talk to face to face and the "better" looks of the paradigm are worth the extra cost and slightly less performance. Don't forget that just because there is someone local to talk to does not mean service will be any quicker then from Mark. Just in case you haven't seen the pictures, the submersive comes in a number of different wood veneers or a piano black finish and there is the F2 which is less "boxy."
  • All the connection and set-up options I could ever dream of

Concerns about the Paradigm Signature Sub 1
  • Not likely to go as low/deep as SubM?
  • Included PBK-1 is superfluous, as I have a Denon AVP with Audyssey MultEQ XT32 This is where you need to determine if the included features add any value to your situation. I don't think you will need to use the built in crossover or phase adjustment and I don't know how much the PBK will add over XT32.

I know some of you will have different suggestions ("go for dual Rythmik FV15HP's!") but I think dual-anything might be a logistical challenge in my room. Give some feedback, though! I'm not even sure I crave some <20Hz playback...I have two small kids in the house that are usually sleeping when I get to settle in for a movie. Sure, either of these are probably overkill, but I like to buy something fairly nice every 10-12 years and enjoy it thoroughly. I never want to find myself in the situation of "if I just spent a little more I could have had something to be happy with for 10+ years".

I think the best advice would be to call Mark to discuss your situation and to find a way to see and listen to a submersive. There are plenty of owners like myself that would be more then willing to setup an audition. In the end, you need to figure out your priorities and choose accordingly. Either way you will end up with an outstanding sub.

-Mike
post #5 of 41 Old 03-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Quote:

Not sure if I can appreciate the "fire cracker" comment, although I've never heard the Sub 1. Based on the specs, history of Paradigm subs, and reviews I've read, it shouldn't embarrass itself in a medium-size room like mine. Again, I realize the high MSRP doesn't scream "value", but it does have quite a few appealing traits that most ID subs don't have.

You ask for opinions then don't appreciate my comments? Really....

So you never heard a Sub and you say you compared specs... What specs have you compared HP Sub vs. Paradigm that you take objection to my comparison? Please list them for us...and we can discuss them openly.
post #6 of 41 Old 03-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:

Hey guys,

If the sub's location is set in stone I would advise holding off on any upgrade until you know what kind of response you are getting in that spot. No sense upgrading at all if WAF or layout means it is relegated to a bad acoustic location. If there is flexibility, I'd look at a veneered F2. cool.gif In the very unlikely event you had a problem with a driver or the amp, they are easily removable for shipment back to Mark.

Chris
post #7 of 41 Old 03-02-2013, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie01 View Post

You ask for opinions then don't appreciate my comments? Really....

So you never heard a Sub and you say you compared specs... What specs have you compared HP Sub vs. Paradigm that you take objection to my comparison? Please list them for us...and we can discuss them openly.

Chill man. You are taking my use of the word "appreciate" out of context. I didn't say I don't appreciate your comment, I meant I can't recognize the comparison you're trying to make. Nothing about the design, reviews or specs leads to believe the Paradigm has substandard performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhead1230 View Post

I think the best advice would be to call Mark to discuss your situation and to find a way to see and listen to a submersive. There are plenty of owners like myself that would be more then willing to setup an audition. In the end, you need to figure out your priorities and choose accordingly. Either way you will end up with an outstanding sub.

-Mike

I did email with Mark a few days ago, and found him to be very responsive and helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudda View Post

If the sub's location is set in stone I would advise holding off on any upgrade until you know what kind of response you are getting in that spot. No sense upgrading at all if WAF or layout means it is relegated to a bad acoustic location. If there is flexibility, I'd look at a veneered F2. cool.gif In the very unlikely event you had a problem with a driver of the amp, they are easily removable for shipment back to Mark.

Chris

Sub response in that location is rather good. Room measurements via Audyssey XT32 and my prior SVS AS-EQ1 always returned good measurements and sonics for my current sub.

Hmmm.. now both of you guys got me thinking that an F2 would address my aesthetic concerns. A quick search didn't yield any direct HP vs. F2 comparisons, I'm guessing you trade off a bit of internal volume and total output with the F2?
post #8 of 41 Old 03-02-2013, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Either sub will provide a tremendous level of performance in a room the size of yours. If price is no object, and given the "Pros" you listed (a great local Paradigm dealer, good looks, interesting visuals, plenty of connection and set-up options), I'd go for the SUB 1.
post #9 of 41 Old 03-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
@Sam-

AFAIK, the F2's performance is virtually identical to the dual-opposed rectangle. The only difference between the two boxes is that the original is inert by design. Mark beefed up internal bracing in the F2 to offset this however.
post #10 of 41 Old 03-02-2013, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhead1230 View Post

-Mike

I did email with Mark a few days ago, and found him to be very responsive and helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudda View Post

If the sub's location is set in stone I would advise holding off on any upgrade until you know what kind of response you are getting in that spot. No sense upgrading at all if WAF or layout means it is relegated to a bad acoustic location. If there is flexibility, I'd look at a veneered F2. cool.gif In the very unlikely event you had a problem with a driver of the amp, they are easily removable for shipment back to Mark.

Chris

Sub response in that location is rather good. Room measurements via Audyssey XT32 and my prior SVS AS-EQ1 always returned good measurements and sonics for my current sub.

Hmmm.. now both of you guys got me thinking that an F2 would address my aesthetic concerns. A quick search didn't yield any direct HP vs. F2 comparisons, I'm guessing you trade off a bit of internal volume and total output with the F2?

Hi Sam,

I purposefully included the term "the same but different" in the introductory thread for the 'F2 on my forum. smile.gif The 'F2 is simply a package and aesthetic option to allow the SubMersive to fit in more applications. It employs the identical drivers, amplifier, DSP, internal box volume, and thereby the same acoustic performance. You can find some pictures BrolicBeast posted to his build thread of the rather attractive Rosenut SubMersive F2's here on AVS. To echo Hudda's comments, selling direct to enthusiasts all of our products are designed for easy service while never requiring a soldering iron. We also have the distinction of all parts, including the amplifier, being made here in the US.

From a comparison standpoint, the larger total volume, increased driver area and greater amplifier power of the SubMersive HP or F2 do give it some performance advantages over the Sub 1. The Sub 1 is visually attractive, less physically imposing while still extend quite low with all reports of very good sound quality. Both are completely valid choices for differing priorities.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
post #11 of 41 Old 03-02-2013, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post

We also have the distinction of all parts, including the amplifier, being made here in the US.

I did not realize that. Nice job.

I'm surprised you didn't give up in November. eheh. I really cant help myself sry. But seriously, very impressive.
Quote:

The Sub 1 is visually attractive, less physically imposing while still extend quite low with all reports of very good sound quality. Both are completely valid choices for differing priorities.

If you don't count the price tag, it's a pretty amazing sub that really does sound good. Didn't really have something like that during the early days of ID vs. store brand. Anybody we would know "behind" it?

OP, you are kind of asking which home run is better. I'd get the subm but your "pros-cons" list sounds like you are a little more taken by the Paradigm. You sound like you know enough to know what you want.
post #12 of 41 Old 03-02-2013, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

I did not realize that. Nice job.

I'm surprised you didn't give up in November. eheh. I really cant help myself sry. But seriously, very impressive.
If you don't count the price tag, it's a pretty amazing sub that really does sound good. Didn't really have something like that during the early days of ID vs. store brand. Anybody we would know "behind" it?

OP, you are kind of asking which home run is better. I'd get the subm but your "pros-cons" list sounds like you are a little more taken by the Paradigm. You sound like you know enough to know what you want.

Actually I was about 50/50 on the decision. The comments here definitely helped!
Quote:

Hi Sam,

I purposefully included the term "the same but different" in the introductory thread for the 'F2 on my forum. smile.gif The 'F2 is simply a package and aesthetic option to allow the SubMersive to fit in more applications. It employs the identical drivers, amplifier, DSP, internal box volume, and thereby the same acoustic performance. You can find some pictures BrolicBeast posted to his build thread of the rather attractive Rosenut SubMersive F2's here on AVS. To echo Hudda's comments, selling direct to enthusiasts all of our products are designed for easy service while never requiring a soldering iron. We also have the distinction of all parts, including the amplifier, being made here in the US.

From a comparison standpoint, the larger total volume, increased driver area and greater amplifier power of the SubMersive HP or F2 do give it some performance advantages over the Sub 1. The Sub 1 is visually attractive, less physically imposing while still extend quite low with all reports of very good sound quality. Both are completely valid choices for differing priorities.

Thanks Mark. You got mail!
post #13 of 41 Old 03-02-2013, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Actually I was about 50/50 on the decision. The comments here definitely helped!

Re-read your post and try to do it like someone else wrote it. Its not totally obvious, but it seems like "he" is a little more in tune with the Pdigm.

Just don't base your decision on the prevailing wind. It's your caish and its going to be in your house.

We'll still like you no matter what you get.
post #14 of 41 Old 03-03-2013, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Re-read your post and try to do it like someone else wrote it. Its not totally obvious, but it seems like "he" is a little more in tune with the Pdigm.

Just don't base your decision on the prevailing wind. It's your caish and its going to be in your house.

Understood. I'm normally very decisive when it comes to all A/V purchases, in fact I've purchased several nice upgrades over the past 12 months. For some reason, I always have a hard time deciding and pulling the trigger on the subwoofer. Maybe because the choices are just so overwhelming compared to most product categories?
Quote:

We'll still like you no matter what you get.

biggrin.gif
post #15 of 41 Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 813
Quote:

Well considering that a FV15HP can best a Signature Sub2 in the 12.5-40hz range, and the Sub2 is a step up from the Sub1 along with the fact that a SubMersive HP in considered by many to be "on another level" to subs like the FV15HP I don't think the "fire cracker" comment to be to far of a stretch. And lets not even get started on the price difference between the SubM and a Paradigm Sub1. I personally own a PSA XS30 sub and from looking at the measurments from data-bass.com based on the Sub2 it doesn't really even hold much of an advantage over my XS30, so I can't see the appeal of a Sub1 other then you already own Paradign speakers.

On another note I have a friend who is a Paradigm dealer and has been over to my place to check out my dual XS30 set up. He has a Sub1 and Sub2 at their show room and after hearing my subs he said there is no way he would ever spend the money on a Paradigm sub for his own personal theater room. The point I'm trying to make is other then "saying" you own a Paradigm Sub1 there's no real advantage IMO to buying one. The warranty should not be a concern.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
post #16 of 41 Old 03-03-2013, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Another option that you might want to consider if size is an issue and you're looking for some WAF. A smaller foot print sub with still extremely high performance would be a JTR Captivator S1, you can get some great custom finishes on it. Here's a few examples of the finishes that Jeff offers on his speakers/subs http://jtrspeakers.websitetoolbox.com/post/JTR-Custom-Speakers-5012941
Seaton and JTR products both have performance that very few other subs/speakers can touch, especially at there price.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
post #17 of 41 Old 03-03-2013, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Understood. I'm normally very decisive when it comes to all A/V purchases, in fact I've purchased several nice upgrades over the past 12 months. For some reason, I always have a hard time deciding and pulling the trigger on the subwoofer. Maybe because the choices are just so overwhelming compared to most product categories?
biggrin.gif

I totally get that. I'm not sure that they are overwhelming as much as they seem so final because they are such Large Marges.

Sometimes we make the "right" choice, and we still aren't happy. Sometimes we just want what we want. The best part of your decision is that you get a kick ass sub either way.
post #18 of 41 Old 03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Well considering that a FV15HP can best a Signature Sub2 in the 12.5-40hz range, and the Sub2 is a step up from the Sub1 along with the fact that a SubMersive HP in considered by many to be "on another level" to subs like the FV15HP I don't think the "fire cracker" comment to be to far of a stretch. And lets not even get started on the price difference between the SubM and a Paradigm Sub1. I personally own a PSA XS30 sub and from looking at the measurments from data-bass.com based on the Sub2 it doesn't really even hold much of an advantage over my XS30, so I can't see the appeal of a Sub1 other then you already own Paradign speakers.

On another note I have a friend who is a Paradigm dealer and has been over to my place to check out my dual XS30 set up. He has a Sub1 and Sub2 at their show room and after hearing my subs he said there is no way he would ever spend the money on a Paradigm sub for his own personal theater room. The point I'm trying to make is other then "saying" you own a Paradigm Sub1 there's no real advantage IMO to buying one. The warranty should not be a concern.

jbrown (James?) don't take this the wrong way as I think you do good work around here, but when someone says they aren't concerned with price, I think we should respect that. If we want to be helpful then we should take the OPs conditions as our own.
I don't mean to single you out, but I see a lot of people insert their own priorities into some of these help requests.
I'm sorry if this is preachy, I've obviously got problems of my own.
post #19 of 41 Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

No I get that and I almost hate bringing up the price thing. But other then being able to say that he owns an all Paradigm system, what does the money really get him? Cleary its his money, so he can do what every he wants with it but IMO his money could be spend a lot better then dropping that much cash on a Sub1 when it really holds no advantage over a SubMersive HP.

I don't own a SubMersive so I'm not trying to recommend something that I own. I'm just basing my opinion on all of the reading and research that I've done along with reading a lot of the GTG shootout threads where the SubMersive was compared to a lot of other subs. The SubMersive HP has always scored extremely high whether it was used in music or with movies.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
post #20 of 41 Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well, reporting back on my decision... I just talked to Mark and placed an order for the SubMersive HP in Rosenut cool.gif

I did give the F2 some consideration, but realized that the standard HP would be less obtrusive (physically) in my particular location, and the HP gives me a nice low surface to toss the occasional HT magazine onto tongue.gif

In the end, I didn't mind spending more for the Paradigm, but it appeared that there was no real performance benefit to it. With the help of Mark, I've worked through the power cord length issue and I'll be building a DIY trigger. I am hopeful the Rosenut finish is impressive and brings back good memories of the oiled Walnut Klipsh Cornwalls I had a few years ago. I have always enjoyed a nicely-stained veneer.
post #21 of 41 Old 03-04-2013, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Great decision and congrats. You'll have to post some pictures and impressions when you get it!

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
post #22 of 41 Old 03-04-2013, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Great decision and congrats. You'll have to post some pictures and impressions when you get it!

Thanks. I will do that.
post #23 of 41 Old 03-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Señor Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:

Well, reporting back on my decision... I just talked to Mark and placed an order for the SubMersive HP in Rosenut cool.gif

I did give the F2 some consideration, but realized that the standard HP would be less obtrusive (physically) in my particular location, and the HP gives me a nice low surface to toss the occasional HT magazine onto tongue.gif

In the end, I didn't mind spending more for the Paradigm, but it appeared that there was no real performance benefit to it. With the help of Mark, I've worked through the power cord length issue and I'll be building a DIY trigger. I am hopeful the Rosenut finish is impressive and brings back good memories of the oiled Walnut Klipsh Cornwalls I had a few years ago. I have always enjoyed a nicely-stained veneer.

Good decision Sam, once you adapt to the physical size you will be all good. I've seen the Rosenut SubM and it is a nice looking wood box. smile.gifcool.gif

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #24 of 41 Old 03-04-2013, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Well congratulations on your decision. I haven't seen a veneered subm but Mark has got to have the lowest negative feedback in AVS history.

The coolest thing is that you cant be prepared for the difference that you are going to experience coming from what you have now.

You're going to be like a four year old who got his first helium balloon for like a month.

Exciting times, enjoy.
post #25 of 41 Old 03-04-2013, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Good decision Sam, once you adapt to the physical size you will be all good. I've seen the Rosenut SubM and it is a nice looking wood box. smile.gifcool.gif

Quote:

Well congratulations on your decision. I haven't seen a veneered subm but Mark has got to have the lowest negative feedback in AVS history.

The coolest thing is that you cant be prepared for the difference that you are going to experience coming from what you have now.

You're going to be like a four year old who got his first helium balloon for like a month.

Exciting times, enjoy.

Thanks gents. No doubt it will be a big upgrade, but I'm almost a little bit nervous I may crave more than one! Yikes! My room is not very big, my wallet is praying the SubM will be all I need for this house smile.gif
post #26 of 41 Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Well even if one SubM wasn't enough you could buy a second one and probably would still have spent less then you would have on a Paradigm Sub1 tongue.gif

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
post #27 of 41 Old 03-04-2013, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Congrats on your purchase!
post #28 of 41 Old 03-05-2013, 07:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1075 Post(s)
Liked: 1518
Quote:

Great choice. You might want to have a look at the review of my dual F2s which I posted in the SubM thread - it has some info on the procedures I used to get the sub dialed in. As Mark says, the F2 and the HP are sonically the same, so the info will be of relevance. Anyway, here it is if you are interested:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/759877/seaton-sound-submersive1/7470#post_22657055

post #29 of 41 Old 03-05-2013, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well even if one SubM wasn't enough you could buy a second one and probably would still have spent less then you would have on a Paradigm Sub1 tongue.gif

Well, I was offered a smoking price on a Sub 1 by my Paradigm dealer wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratm View Post

Congrats on your purchase!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
post #30 of 41 Old 03-07-2013, 12:37 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Interesting info at data-bass.com, they didn' have too much to say about the FV15HP when using one port other then there is lots of wind noise. At those Hz, that would not be good in a sound room. Looking at all the charts between the SUB2 and the FV15HP, it's a flip of a coin for the output #'s, but add the wind noise and that's not working for me.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page