Here's the setup:
Receiver: HK 1700
Spekaers: HKTS 30
The system is brand new and I just got everything setup yesterday and noticed a very subtle pop coming from the sub occasionally. It is very random and, of course is only audible whenever the sub is on but not in use.
My basic understanding of the physics of electromagnetism and such, makes me think is the result of some static that builds up somewhere and then get discharge through the sub.
So far I've done the obvious:
1) If the sub is turned off, no popping -> it is definitely the sub
2) It does regardless if I use the trigger signal
3) power switch to on or auto has no affect
4) volume setting of the sub or the receiver has no impact
Right now the sub is plugged into a regular GE-labeled surge protector using the wires supplied (that combines the LFE signal and the trigger signal in a single wire), but
1) I have an APC H15 power conditioner on its way
2) I have a Mediabridge RCA wire on its way (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041OOF4I
) to have the trigger running separate (if at all)
Am I on the right path to solve this? What else could it be?
Whoever did the wiring of our house actually has the receptacle behind the TV shard with some lights, some of them on dimmer: I would hate to have to rewire it to a separate breaker so I hope if that's the source of the static gets taken care of by the H15. I also like to exclude faulty sub or faulty amp since they work amazing when watching a BlueRay with DTS-HD...