I am looking for a sub that is up to around $250. My system will be budget minded. Here is my setup:
1. My living room is 19x16x9 with one side partially open to the kitchen. Since this is my living room, a BIC F12 would probably not work as my wife had me move my vintage Altecs to the basement due to their size before I sold them due to lack of use!
2. Due to this being my living room, the sub will most likely be up front and center under next to the electronic cabinet or near the front-corner of the room.
3. Would a front or bottom firing sub work better as it could be moved closer to the wall?
4. I estimate 80% movies/20% music
5. Probably end up getting a Denon AVR-1613 or AVR-1713 (still deciding)
6. I will purchase either the Energy Take Classic 5.0 or Energy RC Micro 5.0 satellites. I am having a very hard time deciding on which ones, but I will stay under $200.
a. The TC go down to 115 Hz and the RC go down to 150 Hz so the sub I get needs to at least cross into the frequency of the satellites
in order to not miss any source.
b. However, would a sub crossing in at 150 Hz need to sit front/center in order since it most likely not be sonically invisible at a high