I swear I searched the forums and tried to find an answer I was happy with, but it's a bit difficult because these producs are from different generations. I was hoping some of you guys with MUCH more knowledge and experience could offer your opinion on my dilemma.
I have Paradigm 5.1 environment, Monitor 7's in front, CC190 center, Titan v1 surrounds. My PBR-10 sub died, sounded like blown capacitors with all the popping noises it was making.
I will use the format from the sticky (see, I read that too!):
1. Your budget. - new PB12-NSD will cost me about $850 CAD with tax. That's already pushing my budget a LOT, so that's the ceiling.
2. Size requirements/limits. It's behind the couch, so a larger box is ok, but there's no way the wife would approve 2 subs. stuck with one, and one position as well.
3. Room dimensions. 20ft x 35ft x 8ft, combined living/dining room, open doorways around a corner to the kitchen, stairs up and down with short hallways.
4. Primary uses. 80% tv/movies, 20% music.
5. Listening habits. semi-detached house, I do turn up the volume when neighbors are not home, virtually never to reference level.
6. Appearance requirements. behind the couch, don't care.
7. Timeframe. no rush, saving money for it anyways
I found a used option that might be a great fit, but I'm not sure if it's overkill because it looks quite large and would be harder on the WAF, though I like the finish:
Since the used one is an older generation I don't know how it would compare, and I'm not sure about my room dimensions being a limiting factor. I would GREATLY appreciate any advice.