Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 32 Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Right now I am using 2 BK LFEs attached to a mini riser my couch sits on with one BKA 1000 amp where I am getting 1000 watts to each shaker. I am going to be adding 2 more BK LFEs (4 total) at some point soon here and am wondering if I should add a second amp so each shaker still gets 1000 watts, or just put all 4 shakers on the one amp I have now which will reduce the power down to 250 watts/per shaker. I would love to save money by not buying a second amp, but only if I could do so by not compromising performance.

My questions are......

1. Has anyone compared a BK LFE with this amp getting 1000 watts vs 250 and if so what differences did you notice?

2. I read on AVS a while back in one of the threads that putting 4 BK LFEs on one BK 1000 amp wired in series may not have given equal power to each shaker. For those that have 4 BK LFEs hooked up to one amp, do they all feel evenly powered and do they all activate at exactly the same time?

My goal by adding two more shakers is to be able to get the same level of tactile output I am now, but by adding two more for a total of four, be able to drive each shaker less to get more headroom and reduce (hopefully eliminate) bottom outs which happen at times with using two at the levels I like to use these at.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 05-01-2013, 12:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Right now I am using 2 BK LFEs attached to a mini riser my couch sits on with one BKA 1000 amp where I am getting 1000 watts to each shaker. I am going to be adding 2 more BK LFEs (4 total) at some point soon here and am wondering if I should add a second amp so each shaker still gets 1000 watts, or just put all 4 shakers on the one amp I have now which will reduce the power down to 250 watts/per shaker. I would love to save money by not buying a second amp, but only if I could do so by not compromising performance.

My questions are......

1. Has anyone compared a BK LFE with this amp getting 1000 watts vs 250 and if so what differences did you notice?

2. I read on AVS a while back in one of the threads that putting 4 BK LFEs on one BK 1000 amp wired in series may not have given equal power to each shaker. For those that have 4 BK LFEs hooked up to one amp, do they all feel evenly powered and do they all activate at exactly the same time?

My goal by adding two more shakers is to be able to get the same level of tactile output I am now, but by adding two more for a total of four, be able to drive each shaker less to get more headroom and reduce (hopefully eliminate) bottom outs which happen at times with using two at the levels I like to use these at.
I don't know if you'll you'll need 2 amps or not, but the easy answer is to buy just the 2 additional shakers and try them out using your existing single amp. If it's not enough, or the amp overheats, get a 2nd amp. Or call Buttkicker and ask them. 888-676-2828

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #3 of 32 Old 05-01-2013, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

I don't know if you'll you'll need 2 amps or not, but the easy answer is to buy just the 2 additional shakers and try them out using your existing single amp. If it's not enough, or the amp overheats, get a 2nd amp. Or call Buttkicker and ask them. 888-676-2828

Craig

Thanks Craig and that is a good plan. I was just curious to hear from other BK owners who might happen to have experimented with this already to see what they found.

post #4 of 32 Old 05-03-2013, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 57
On their website, they show configurations, specs and wiring diagrams for 1, 2, 3, 4 or various buttkickers and amps:

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/product-configuration.php
post #5 of 32 Old 05-03-2013, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thanks. I think we both realise that though. The question is whether the drop from 1000w to 250w per buttkicker is noticeable when you run 4 off one amp. Is 250w enough to get the most out of the LFE's when in the specs the lfe says it wants 400w minimum.
post #6 of 32 Old 05-03-2013, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I see - well, since your goal is to get the same tactile output, you could put a voltmeter on the output to see how much of the amp you're actually using in practice (i.e. is it more or less than 250w to each transducer)? Just a thought.
post #7 of 32 Old 05-03-2013, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallnick View Post

Thanks. I think we both realise that though. The question is whether the drop from 1000w to 250w per buttkicker is noticeable when you run 4 off one amp. Is 250w enough to get the most out of the LFE's when in the specs the lfe says it wants 400w minimum.

Exactly what I am wondering as well. I am sure some AVSers have compared this if we can just find them.

post #8 of 32 Old 05-03-2013, 04:32 PM

Neither of us has 4 LFE's yet. If we had 4 obviously we could just try it out. We were hoping someone could help us out before we buy a 4th one. If there's not enough power we'll have to buy a 2nd amp as well.
post #9 of 32 Old 05-04-2013, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Buttkickers cost what 350$ each?

Sell off what you have and buy a DTS-10 or two and make a riser out of that. It'd be accurate, tactile, and very deep bass! If I had the ceiling head room that's certainly what I'd do. Several are in the classified used for around 1k.

Alternatively,
An inuke dsp 3000 amp would be better and cheaper than the pair of buttkicker amps. With four units a single inuke amp would supply 750 watts peak to each.

It would also offer very customizable dsp settings. Parametric eq, hpf, delays, and wattage limits to protect bottoming out your bk devices.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout

My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

post #10 of 32 Old 05-04-2013, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Sell off what you have and buy a DTS-10 or two and make a riser out of that. It'd be accurate, tactile, and very deep bass! If I had the ceiling head room that's certainly what I'd do. Several are in the classified used for around 1k.

Alternatively,
An inuke dsp 3000 amp would be better and cheaper than the pair of buttkicker amps. With four units a single inuke amp would supply 750 watts peak to each.

It would also offer very customizable dsp settings. Parametric eq, God, delays, and wattage limits to protect bottoming out your bk devices.

I think they are about $240 on Amazon.

I am on carpet over concrete and even with my 4 SVS subs the BKs add an element the subs cant. This has been discussed quite a bit with the carpet over concrete guys over the years.

Thanks for the amp info. Does this amp have all the features/options of the BK amp?

post #11 of 32 Old 05-04-2013, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:

I am on carpet over concrete and even with my 4 SVS subs the BKs add an element the subs cant. This has been discussed quite a bit with the carpet over concrete guys over the years.

I have carpet over concrete and 1 sub (of 3) placed nearfield right behind the LP. In my room, my Clark Synthesis transducers don't even come close to keeping up with the tactile sensation that my nearfield sub creates.

I guess it all depends on your room...

Is nearfield placement an option for you? Have you tried it? 

post #12 of 32 Old 05-04-2013, 08:10 PM

Liked: 15
I have 4 lfe's on one bka1000. I have the knob set to one line past the half way point and and 0db gain on sub output. when watching tron or Blackhawk down
i still get all 4 to bottom out. I run them 50hz and down. i wish there was a way to filter them to have a low cut off at about 15 hz or something so that they would not bottom out. i feel like i have penlty of power if i wanted it with one amp and 4 lfe's i feel that 4 four are powered evenly, but then again i never went around the room and connected a volt/ ohm meter to really see either.
post #13 of 32 Old 05-04-2013, 10:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Alternatively,

It would also offer very customizable dsp settings. Parametric eq, God, delays, and wattage limits to protect bottoming out your bk devices.

I think they are about $240 on Amazon.

Thanks for the amp info. Does this amp have all the features/options of the BK amp?

DTS-10 subwoofer platform riser has been discussed vs. Buttkicker many times? I've never seen it and would like to read about the comparisons. Do you have a link? A single DTS-10 8'x4' Horn subwoofer is tuned to 10Hz, would very likely have more output and feel than your four SVS. Buttkicker effect is fun but it's slightly gimmicky and does not feel 100% natural. A couch riser made off a DTS-10 should feel 100% real, and have ridiculous output and feel.

I currently have four buttkicker mini lfe. I love what the inuke dsp can do. I'd think the inuke amp better in every characteristic than the buttkicker amp. Has wayyyyyyyyy more features than the bk amp.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout

post #14 of 32 Old 05-04-2013, 11:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

DTS-10 subwoofer platform riser has been discussed vs. Buttkicker many times? I've never seen it and would like to read about the comparisons. Do you have a link? A single DTS-10 8'x4' Horn subwoofer is tuned to 10Hz, would very likely have more output and feel than your four SVS. Buttkicker effect is fun but it's slightly gimmicky and does not feel 100% natural. A couch riser made off a DTS-10 should feel 100% real, and have ridiculous output and feel.
If the DTS-10 has cabinet resonances that would convert to "tactile response" I would consider that a design flaw of the sub, not a benefit. confused.gif
Quote:

I currently have four buttkicker mini lfe. I love what the inuke dsp can do. I'd think the inuke amp better in every characteristic than the buttkicker amp. Has wayyyyyyyyy more features than the bk amp.
I agree the iNuke has way more features than the BKA1000. However, the fans are noisy as hell... so noisy in fact that I couldn't have the amp in the same room with me. Also, it's a "pro" amp and needs a "pro" level input signal. Not all "consumer" level outputs are strong enough to drive it to acceptable levels. I know you and several others have made it work, but I was never able to.

I had one and returned it it. I am now back using my BKA1000 to drive my dual Crowson Tactile Actuators... and I have no complaints whatsoever. .smile.gif

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #15 of 32 Old 05-05-2013, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post

I have carpet over concrete and 1 sub (of 3) placed nearfield right behind the LP. In my room, my Clark Synthesis transducers don't even come close to keeping up with the tactile sensation that my nearfield sub creates.

I guess it all depends on your room...

Is nearfield placement an option for you? Have you tried it? 

My rear PB13 is nearfield and the dual BKs attached to my mini riser still create a sensation the sub cant. How exactly do you have your shakers attached? Setup is crucial for getting the most out of these transducers from my experience.

We are also using different subs and different transducers. Lots of variables between our two setups which are contributing to our different experiences no doubt.

post #16 of 32 Old 05-05-2013, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

No, the carpet over concrete discussion has been brought up many times over the years. A properly setup and implemented BK (or similar) system from my experience provides a sensation my subs simply cant in this carpet over concrete room and other members have found the same thing. Maybe different subs would give different results, but I am not looking to swap out my subs as I am happy with them.

If you are getting a gimmicky sensation from your transducers, you dont have them setup optimally. My BKs on my mini riser with the isolator feet feel seamless in conjunction with my subs and very natural.

Thanks for the fan info Craig. That amp wont work for me in light of that and I will stick with the BK amp as well.

Financethis,

Thanks for the info. Have you always used 4 of the BKs with the 1000 amp, or have you used less at one time?

post #17 of 32 Old 05-05-2013, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

A fan swap is $5 or $10 and documented in several threads. You don't even have to splice wires.
You buy a replacement fan with the same connector and slide the old power connector off and the new one on.

Unscrewing the six small screws on the case, unscrewing the four case fan screws, popping the connector, and then reverse that with the new fan is all it takes. Literally five minutes tops. Ive swapped fans on several. Then it is silent.

As to if buttkickers feel like the real deal? Not to me. My ported caps have a different feel than the buttkickers for sure. And not just buttkickers...i've tried aura, clark, and buttkickers.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1438696/a-comparison-of-three-tactile-transducers-buttkicker-mini-lfe-vs-clark-synthesis-tst209-vs-aura-bass-shaker-pro

The transducers are still an enjoyable feel, none the less and i use them, but id prefer a wooden floor or riser over any of the transducers i tried. I've been to several theaters with risers and the difference is astounding between the front of the room concrete seats and the back of the room riser, even with mediocre subwoofers. Put subs in that riser like the DTS-10 and I can imagine nothing but win. I look forward to trying it some day!

Sitting on a dts-10 platform would take the concrete floor problem out of the equation from the seating position. I'm definately trying it if i move to a new home with a basement slab and a bit more ceiling height.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout

post #18 of 32 Old 05-05-2013, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

post #19 of 32 Old 05-05-2013, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

A fan swap is $5 or $10 and documented in several threads. You don't even have to splice wires.
You buy a replacement fan with the same connector and slide the old power connector off and the new one on.

Unscrewing the six small screws on the case, unscrewing the four case fan screws, popping the connector, and then reverse that with the new fan is all it takes. Literally five minutes tops. Ive swapped fans on several. Then it is silent.

As to if buttkickers feel like the real deal? Not to me. My ported caps have a different feel than the buttkickers for sure. And not just buttkickers...i've tried aura, clark, and buttkickers.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1438696/a-comparison-of-three-tactile-transducers-buttkicker-mini-lfe-vs-clark-synthesis-tst209-vs-aura-bass-shaker-pro

The transducers are still an enjoyable feel, none the less and i use them, but id prefer a wooden floor or riser over any of the transducers i tried. I've been to several theaters with risers and the difference is astounding between the front of the room concrete seats and the back of the room riser, even with mediocre subwoofers. Put subs in that riser like the DTS-10 and I can imagine nothing but win. I look forward to trying it some day!

Sitting on a dts-10 platform would take the concrete floor problem out of the equation from the seating position. I'm definately trying it if i move to a new home with a basement slab and a bit more ceiling height.

Can we please drop the Dts-10 out of the conversation as it is totally off topic as this is not an option for me. Not to mention I dont see how this could simulate a platform that literally flexes and moves which is what happens in my setup with my BKs. There is a difference between bass waves or the sub cabinet vibrating your couch and tactile transducers attached to a riser built to physically move and flex.

My experience with BKs is different than yours, but there are lots of variables at play between our setups. Again, with my mini riser that my BKs are attached to along with the weight rated kinetic rubber isolator feet which are mounted to the bottom of the riser and allow it to flex by getting it off the floor, the BKs add an element my 4 subs cant and very naturally at that. I have experienced transducer setups that were not optimally setup by either a direct mount right to the chair/couch or some other error where the sensation was flat out distracting and gimmicky which again is not the case in my room. How you mount and set these transducers up makes all the difference from my experience and if done correctly, there is nothing gimmicky about it. Maybe I missed it in the link you provided, but how exacty did you mount and setup your transducers when comparing? Back on topic......

Thanks for the fan replacement info in the inuke amp. My question is how can this amp be silent even with the fan swap? We are still dealing with a fan here and I have never heard a silent one. smile.gif So when you say silent, do you literally mean silent or just not as loud? If I do need to add another BK amp that is when the inuke amp might be a consideration, but this amp is going right behind my seating and a low noise floor is extremely important to me ( Ijust recently returned a zbreeze amp cooler because the supposed "silent" low fan speed was annoying for me).

Edit: Have you read through those reviews on Amazon? Lots of comments how the fan is louder than expected, still too noisy, etc......

post #20 of 32 Old 05-05-2013, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

completely silent from 1 or 2 foot away in a typical room with the cooler master model that I replaced on a friends inuke dsp 1000 that he used to power four aura bass shakers.

consider the dts-10 topic dropped

The inuke generates very little heat as a class d component. Some people have run them fanless. Worst that would happen is that it would shutdown into protect mode if it got too hot. though, I personally would recommend using a fan and have not tried it fanless myself.

I'm just using an old PC 80mm fan for my inuke - and it's inaudible in my rack. Any 80mm PC 12v fan would work - if you have a different brand preference (there are gads of quietest 80mm fan comparisons for the PC enthusiasts to get some ideas on the quietest fans) - just get the same connector on the fan as I showed on the two I linked - or you'll have to splice wires with the original connector instead of just swapping. Make sure and get a fan that is supposed to be silent for best results. Remember that silent pc fans are often placed against metal grating or heat sink fins which generate turbulence and noise and might be what you have experienced. The Inuke only has the circular fan grill you can see on the back of the amp as an obstacle to create turbulence. If you took out that circle fan shroud because you had confidence no one would stick there finger in the fan - then I think it'd be silent from immediately near. Even with the circle grill it in nearly completely inaudible. My projector fan is much louder. The inside of the inuke chassis is mostly just empty air - so the fan would basically be as quiet as it is on a desk with no turbulence creating obstacles.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout

post #21 of 32 Old 05-05-2013, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

completely silent from 1 or 2 foot away in a typical room with the cooler master model that I replaced on a friends inuke dsp 1000 that he used to power four aura bass shakers.

consider the dts-10 topic dropped

The inuke generates very little heat as a class d component. Some people have run them fanless. Worst that would happen is that it would shutdown into protect mode if it got too hot. though, I personally would recommend using a fan and have not tried it fanless myself.

I'm just using an old PC 80mm fan for my inuke - and it's inaudible in my rack. Any 80mm PC 12v fan would work - if you have a different brand preference (there are gads of quietest 80mm fan comparisons for the PC enthusiasts to get some ideas on the quietest fans) - just get the same connector on the fan as I showed on the two I linked - or you'll have to splice wires with the original connector instead of just swapping. Make sure and get a fan that is supposed to be silent for best results. Remember that silent pc fans are often placed against metal grating or heat sink fins which generate turbulence and noise and might be what you have experienced. The Inuke only has the circular fan grill you can see on the back of the amp as an obstacle to create turbulence. If you took out that circle fan shroud because you had confidence no one would stick there finger in the fan - then I think it'd be silent from immediately near. Even with the circle grill it in nearly completely inaudible. My projector fan is much louder. The inside of the inuke chassis is mostly just empty air - so the fan would basically be as quiet as it is on a desk with no turbulence creating obstacles.

Very much appreciate all the info. My first experiment if/when I add two more BKs will be just using the one amp I have now and seeing how that goes. If the need arises for more power after that experiment, I will keep the INUKE amp with silent fan modification in mind as it would be nice to use just one amp vs two BK 1000 amps to cut down on clutter in the rear of my room.

post #22 of 32 Old 05-05-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:

No, the carpet over concrete discussion has been brought up many times over the years. A properly setup and implemented BK (or similar) system from my experience provides a sensation my subs simply cant in this carpet over concrete room and other members have found the same thing. Maybe different subs would give different results, but I am not looking to swap out my subs as I am happy with them.

If you are getting a gimmicky sensation from your transducers, you dont have them setup optimally. My BKs on my mini riser with the isolator feet feel seamless in conjunction with my subs and very natural.

Thanks for the fan info Craig. That amp wont work for me in light of that and I will stick with the BK amp as well.

Financethis,

Thanks for the info. Have you always used 4 of the BKs with the 1000 amp, or have you used less at one time?

Yeah, I did have just two for a short period of time, but I also only used the gain on the bka1000 to about 1/4 or little higher and again those 2 bottomed out sometimes.
I really think you should just try adding to what you already have. I am happy with the 4 on one amp, I still have more headroom if I adjusted my avr gain from 0 up to 10 and I have almost half on the main gain on the bka too. these bka amps are great. sure there is always something bigger and better out there, but for what I paid for my bka amps it can't be beat. also as you know, bka amps make no noise, cause they don't have fans, and I have never had one overheat either. I would consider these amps to have the same power output as the pro audio amps, but on a consumer level.
post #23 of 32 Old 05-05-2013, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by financethis View Post

Yeah, I did have just two for a short period of time, but I also only used the gain on the bka1000 to about 1/4 or little higher and again those 2 bottomed out sometimes.
I really think you should just try adding to what you already have. I am happy with the 4 on one amp, I still have more headroom if I adjusted my avr gain from 0 up to 10 and I have almost half on the main gain on the bka too. these bka amps are great. sure there is always something bigger and better out there, but for what I paid for my bka amps it can't be beat. also as you know, bka amps make no noise, cause they don't have fans, and I have never had one overheat either. I would consider these amps to have the same power output as the pro audio amps, but on a consumer level.

Thanks. So it sounds like you moved the volume up to about the 1/2 way point on the BK amp when you moved to 4 shakers vs ~1/4 the way up when you had 2. Any general impressions of the output with 2 and 1/4 the way up vs 4 at 1/2? Did you have to put the volume up to the 1/2 way point when you moved to 4 to get a similar shake vs what you had with 2 shakers at 1/4? Do you have all 4 of your shakers connected to one platform or couch or do you have 1 unit per seat/chair? Just trying to get a feel for how this amp reacts to adding two more shakers.

post #24 of 32 Old 05-05-2013, 02:43 PM

well when I had only 2, 1 was on one couch and 1 on the other. The wooden couch shakes the hardest, the other couch is a lazy boy with dual recliners and made of lots of metal. I put the shaker in the center of that couch and was not really happy with the sensitivity of that one with just one.

so I when I went to 4, the wooden couch still only has one, the lazy boy recliner couch now has 2, one right, one left and the 4th is one a single lazy boy metal reclining chair.
as for as mounting, I have been using the mounting pad kit from buttkicker on all 4. in the past the one was mounted directly to the couch, while the wooden one had the bk mount. I just think the mount lets it jump and flex to give better viberations, versus direct mount did not let it freely move as it should. I have convert all feet on the furniture to the rubber isolaters. I have concert floor over carpet too. my single 18" sub still seems to put out a fair amount of tactile so it all comes together pretty nice for me.
that 18" also has it own bka1000 running as well. so I do have 2 of these amps as well.
post #25 of 32 Old 05-05-2013, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

The bk 1000 amp on a 18" sub might not be a good combination at all. The bk 1000 amp has a steep rolloff from what I've read and based on my use of buttkicker products with amps that don't roll off.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout

post #26 of 32 Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

The bk 1000 amp on a 18" sub might not be a good combination at all. The bk 1000 amp has a steep rolloff from what I've read and based on my use of buttkicker products with amps that don't roll off.

BKA 1000:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_10_3/buttkicker-bka-1000-amplifier-9-2003.html

iNuke:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1451094/behringer-inuke-lf-performance-with-low-impedance-load#post_22821619

The scales are different, but the FR's are very similar.

Lombardi said it:

My System

post #27 of 32 Old 05-06-2013, 01:26 AM

Random question: do you just use wire nuts to connect the spliced speaker wires? Or is there a better solution?
post #28 of 32 Old 05-06-2013, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the graphs craig john. I stand corrected!

The buttkicker doesn't appear to rolloff as strong as i remember reading about.

Looks like 4-5 dB at 10hz

I couldn't read the axis numbers on the inuke amp pic on my tablet so found another article. Looks like 2-3 dB rolloff on inuke by 10hz

http://forum.speakerplans.com/behringer-inuke-nu6000-vs-kam-kxd7200-bench-tested_topic69202_page2.html

Anyway, much closer than I thought.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout

post #29 of 32 Old 05-06-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:

You should come over and hear it, i think you would change your mind about these amps. i am telling you for the price of these amps, it can't be beat. From time to time you can find them for about 175 bucks shipped on ebay.
I found one on craigslist and i paid 120 shipped for it.
post #30 of 32 Old 05-06-2013, 11:40 AM

On the Bench

The BKA-1000-4 delivered a maximum of 62 Volts into 4 Ohms at 30 Hz, which is 961 watts continuous. This is a little below the specification, but still plenty of power for shaking chairs, couches, or any other structures. I was not able to test it at 2 Ohms.

The measured frequency response is shown below, with various switches turned on or off. The first one is with all filters off. The response rolls off below 25 Hz and above 200 Hz.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page