Sub for 2 channel music system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2013, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a small home gym with an old BIC H-100 I want to replace. Room is 12x12x11, totally enclosed, carpeted, and mirrors on 3/4 of the walls.

The audio system is Denon RCD-N7 and Axiom M22 in-wall speakers. Audio source is from a PC running xbmc or the CD drive of the RCD-N7. Primary choice of music is hard Rock and heavy metal. This setup is 100% music and sound quality is my biggest concern. I do realize the nature of the gym is going to diminish this.

I am a fan of bass, I run quad submersives in my living room. I was looking at getting a 12" Rythmik but curious what other options are around. I thought about the 15" Rythmik but always heard small drivers were better for music. My budget is around $1000 for just the sub, always willing to go a little over of course.

Also want to add that I can only do one sub due to space constraints. 12x12 is pretty small for a home gym and I do not have room for multiple subs. The main sub can be monstrous I just do not have a second position.

I also realize my sub budget is more then the rest of the system combined. I went with decent audio quality I could fit into the allotted space. Very, very happy so far. I just need to get my sub up go par.

I think I filled in all the blanks,let me know if more info is needed. I haven't been keeping up with stuff the past year or two so not certain what is available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
I have a small home gym ... Room is 12x12x11, totally enclosed ... This setup is 100% music and sound quality is my biggest concern. ... My budget is around $1000 for just the sub, always willing to go a little over of course. ... I can only do one sub due to space constraints.
PSA XS15 ($749, shipped)
SVS SB12-NSD ($649, shipped)
Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 1810
psa xs15- lots of clean musical bass for the dollar. 749.00 shipped

hsu uls15- another great sealed sub, but is a touch over your budget with shipping. 1174.00 shipped

rythmik f15- direct servo, but yet again will be slightly over your budget at 1068.00shipped

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 689
I would go for one of the sealed Rythmiks or the Hsu ULS-15 if I were going to go sealed. However, it sounds like you like it loud, you might also consider the PSA XS30 or the Hsu VTF15h.