Problem with sony sa-w2500 subwoofer? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-05-2013, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had this subwoofer for about 2 years now, and it has served me well. It gives me the perfect amount of bass with my sound system. Recently, however, I've began to experience a problem with it. When I press the power button, I wait for about 4-5 seconds, and then there is a click noise (the usual noise it makes when it turns on), and then there is a low pop or boom sound, and then it makes the click noise again. It is almost as if it is kicking itself out and the overload protection is initiating and turning the speaker back off. I opened up the back of it a minute ago and sprayed some air on it because it was extremely dusty inside, and tried it again, and it turned on, but when I tried to turn up music at all it once again kicked out. I'm pretty upset as my music sounds empty without the bass to go along with it. Any tips/advice/help would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-05-2013, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 756
Is that just manually powering it on and off or in an auto on mode? Sounds like you're turning it on manually, but you might try both settings if you have them and see if there's a difference. Unless you have the ability to analyze the electronics yourself, and have made sure there's not a short somewhere in the connection to your avr, think it's time to take it to someone who can analyze it/repair it. Or simply upgrade now that you've got a good reason wink.gif Sony might have a service center near you if you're in the right city, but in my experience those kind of service centers can be pretty expensive when something's out of warranty, is yours still under warranty or not? https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Sony Sa W2500 Performance Line 100 Watt Subwoofer
Gear in this thread - W2500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page