Clark platinum transducer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-08-2013, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi I have just received a clark platinum tranducer and I have a Rotel amp with 500watts @4ohms can I use this amp with the platinum which is 135watts @4ohms.

Will this amp be ok as long as I dont turn it up really high or will this damage it please reply asap.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-08-2013, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just after trying the transducer out with the stereo amp with no LFE signal just had speakers on full range since theres not LFE option and it wasnt great I have buttkicker amp ordered so it will get the proper LFE signal and I will be able to adject the strength so hopefully it will be alot better.

I have it mounted directly to the wooden frame of the chair which is not hardwood I wonder does that have a bad effect on it too?
post #3 of 3 Old 05-08-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 72
You losing me here. What is your source? Also, are you using an AV receiver? If so, which one? The Buttkicker amp has a LPF which is different than LEF. It is a good start, as you should tame that thing to take out those higher frequencies. How you answer these questions may allow us to provide better guidance. As for the power you should be fine, if you don't overdo the volume. As for the wood frame, maybe take a pic and provide what type of wood and dimensions.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page