For gaming, which is better? Buttkicker Advance or Clark TST239 Silver? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-11-2013, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently live in a shared apartment (thin walls), so my only real option for enjoying the sound of gunfire/explosions/tanks rumbling by, is through headphones. While an okay set of headphones isn't half bad, they still lack some of that "Oomph" that comes from a nice sub.

That being said, tactile transducers have caught my interest to help make up for where headphones fall a little short. The transducer would be mounted onto a single home theater recliner. Would either of these transducers (The Buttkicker Advance or Clark TST239 Silver) be better than the other for the primary purpose of enhancing gunfire/explosions/and other war type sounds?

Think I read in one of the threads that vibration aside, the Clark is more audible sound wise, like a muffled speaker? Is that true? If so, how loud does that get? Would it be comparable to how with an "open style" headphone people around you can hear what you're listening to even if you're only listening at moderate levels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-11-2013, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 665
yes - it's true --- I noted it in my review of the TST-209. Here's another reviewer with a video demonstration showing the same effect. That said --- the LPF you employ should keep the voices out of the speaker, but you can definately hear the audio - like a muted speaker.
http://youtu.be/xkWA-IzdVMI?t=2m20s
and
http://youtu.be/xkWA-IzdVMI?t=5m15s

If you take a look at my review linked above you can see how multiple people rated the transducers. Buttkicker and Clark have different feedback properties. Clark seems a bit more natural to me, but never 'turns off' or never stops minimally vibrating --- if on you'll always feel it. My experience with buttkicker is that you don't feel it on lower volume noises. Buttkickers are more forceful.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 05-12-2013, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Skip the advance. Either go with the buttkicker LFE kit, or settle with the Clark silver.

My lfe kit with amp was only like $330 a few years ago. The kit is double the price now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page