Sony SA-W2500 not putting out. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-12-2013, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Whats up everyone?

I just bought a Sony SA-SW2500 to add some punch to my vizio 42" sound bar.Well I got this thing un packed and it didnt have a line in/out cable so I ran to best buy and bought a rocketfish subwoofer cable. Got this thing all hooked up and it is not putting out for SH&$. I'm not sure if I've got a bum sub or if I have done somthing wrong with the set up. I have it set to Normal Phase, Power saver off, and I have to set the power Level and cut off freq all the way up to get any sort of sound at all, and the sound that I get is a pathetic little tiny worthless one. Any suggestions before I take this thing back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-13-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtWrestler View Post

Whats up everyone?

I just bought a Sony SA-SW2500 to add some punch to my vizio 42" sound bar.Well I got this thing un packed and it didnt have a line in/out cable so I ran to best buy and bought a rocketfish subwoofer cable. Got this thing all hooked up and it is not putting out for SH&$. I'm not sure if I've got a bum sub or if I have done somthing wrong with the set up. I have it set to Normal Phase, Power saver off, and I have to set the power Level and cut off freq all the way up to get any sort of sound at all, and the sound that I get is a pathetic little tiny worthless one. Any suggestions before I take this thing back?

Do you have the subwoofer connected to the soundbar? Which model soundbar are you using?

It could be a setting in the soundbar setup menu that will reroute the bass to an output which....presumably....you will have connected to the subwoofer.

Tom V.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-13-2013, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 548
As far as I can tell, this - 42” 5.1 Home Theater Sound Bar with Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers (S4251w-B4) - is the only 42" soundbar listed on the Vizio website.

According to the related documentation, the bar itself has inputs only, as it connects wirelessly to the sub that comes with it. (And the sub feeds the two satellite surround speakers via RCA jacks.)

There's no physical way (i.e., a subwoofer cable) to connect a "regular" sub to that soundbar.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-13-2013, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

As far as I can tell, this - 42” 5.1 Home Theater Sound Bar with Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers (S4251w-B4) - is the only 42" soundbar listed on the Vizio website.

According to the related documentation, the bar itself has inputs only, as it connects wirelessly to the sub that comes with it. (And the sub feeds the two satellite surround speakers via RCA jacks.)

There's no physical way (i.e., a subwoofer cable) to connect a "regular" sub to that soundbar.

That complicates it doesn't it?..smile.gif

I know it is always easier to spend other peoples money but....lose the soundbar and go with a budget 5.1 system with a real AVR(receiver). A basic receiver and 2.1 system will sound so much better, give you easy paths to upgrading(going from 2.1 to 5.1 or 7.1)later and I bet you can keep it <$300ish(for the receiver and two decent speakers).

Tom V.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I imagine you've already returned it but you could test the sub by plugging the source directly into it rather than going through the bar.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Sony Sa W2500 Performance Line 100 Watt Subwoofer
Gear in this thread - W2500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page