Help selecting amp for Buttkicker Advance - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-03-2013, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35

I need some help picking an amp for my Buttkicker Advance setup.  I have read lots of info on amps that people have used, but I am trying to figure out what would be best for my situation.

I will have a total of 8 chairs - each with a Buttkicker Advance.  There will be 2 rows with 4 chairs in each row.  I would like to have as much control over each unit as possible, but I also don't think it is really necessary to buy an amp for each unit.  I want the amps to be rack mountable.

I am considering the Crown XLS 1500.  I was thinking I could connect the BKs in parallel and put two on each channel.  this would mean I could run 4 units off of each amp (2 per channel).  This amp can output 300 watts per channel at 8 ohms.  I have never had Buttkickers before, so I am not sure if this is enough power, or maybe even too much?  I want to take full advantage of them, but I don't want to go overboard.  Would the XLS 1000 be just as good at 215 watts per channel?  I am just not sure how much power to look for.

Also, if I run 4 units per amp (2 per channel), will I have control over each pair, or will I only be able to control the entire row of 4?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page