bic f12 questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-14-2013, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sometimes when i use the auto setting the sub doesn't seem to come on...red light not green light

Also what does the phase switch do. I don't know which to use.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Try increasing the subwoofer level to the sub at the amp/receiver and turning the sub volume knob down to compensate. As far as I know, the auto on uses signal sensing at the input, so increasing the signal input should help.

For the phase switch, just set it to what you feel sounds best. I believe it has something to do with the timing of the sub in relation to the other speakers.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-16-2013, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks
post #4 of 6 Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 AM

i just purchased this sub about two weeks from amazon. It sounds really good but sometimes it stays red and doesnt seem to flip to green (on) right away like the op said. My auto MCACC on my pioneer vsx 521-k set it to -8 and i have the sub volume on 3.5. any suggestions on what i should change it to to help with this issue? i changed it to -5 last night but i dont know if that is enough.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-09-2013, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
You should play with the sub volume up or down so that when you run the calibration, the aVr sets the level within +/- 3 DB; being, 0DB the ideal. If you pio is setting it up at -8db, lower the sub volume. I usually start at 10 o'clock in the sub dial. (manual says to put in in the middle, 12 o'clock, but that is too high). Make sure crossover setting in the sub is all the way up, so you make the adjustments at the avr.

Yamaha RX-V673 | HSU HC-1 MK2 | HSU HB-1 MK2 - LR | Pioneer SP-BS22-SLR | BIC RtR-V44-2 (Presence)
post #6 of 6 Old 07-09-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnewbie21 View Post

You should play with the sub volume up or down so that when you run the calibration, the aVr sets the level within +/- 3 DB; being, 0DB the ideal. If you pio is setting it up at -8db, lower the sub volume. I usually start at 10 o'clock in the sub dial. (manual says to put in in the middle, 12 o'clock, but that is too high). Make sure crossover setting in the sub is all the way up, so you make the adjustments at the avr.

per the manual it says if i choose 5.1,6.1,7.1 on the sub and use the lfe connection it disables the crossover. should i still set the crossover at 180 to be safe? i will try lowering the volume and rerunning. this thing must have some power if i only have it set to 3.5/4 on the volume and it is still settting it at -8 db.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page