Seeking Advice for More ‘Woofage’ - Page 3 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
steve nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post

Quick update: In the meantime, I found a good deal for a pair of JTR Cap S2s. I think they will fit my ‘woofage needs’ quite nicely. So I will put my DIY project on hold for the time being.

Again, thanks everybody for all your recommendations and insights. Much appreciated!
_____
Axel

Congrats on your new Caps!

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
steve nn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-03-2013, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Skylinestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,792
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Regarding the issue of more woofage, which relates to cubic feet of space, how do you guys really calculate the space?
The movie area is shown in the diagram. It's open to the rest of the house.
Skylinestar is online now  
Old 07-03-2013, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
steve nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post

Regarding the issue of more woofage, which relates to cubic feet of space, how do you guys really calculate the space?
The movie area is shown in the diagram. It's open to the rest of the house.

L X W X H = cu ft. Include openings, I would not include your 3’ opening though, but it will have a effect.

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
steve nn is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
popalock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 4,395
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked: 1218
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post

Quick update: In the meantime, I found a good deal for a pair of JTR Cap S2s. I think they will fit my ‘woofage needs’ quite nicely. So I will put my DIY project on hold for the time being.

Again, thanks everybody for all your recommendations and insights. Much appreciated!
_____
Axel

Nice find! I didn't think deals really existed for S2's. If someone is selling, it must be to go DIY...
tongue.gif
popalock is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Skylinestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,792
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

L X W X H = cu ft. Include openings, I would not include your 3’ opening though, but it will have a effect.
The kitchen area is not included in the total space?
Skylinestar is online now  
Old 07-03-2013, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 8,979
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked: 1611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

L X W X H = cu ft. Include openings, I would not include your 3’ opening though, but it will have a effect.
The kitchen area is not included in the total space?

While there may be some limitation inherent from the size of the doorway, I include all open space that can't be shut off with at least a door in my thinking about the area to fill....
lovinthehd is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steve nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

While there may be some limitation inherent from the size of the doorway, I include all open space that can't be shut off with at least a door in my thinking about the area to fill....

I understand and you are not wrong in your thinking imo smile.gif

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
steve nn is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 8,979
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked: 1611
I hope for a smaller sealed room to pressurize one of these days....wink.gif
lovinthehd is offline  
Old 07-03-2013, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Skylinestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,792
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

While there may be some limitation inherent from the size of the doorway, I include all open space that can't be shut off with at least a door in my thinking about the area to fill....
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

I understand and you are not wrong in your thinking imo smile.gif
How would a small wooden door seal up a space and contain the bass? The door allows the air to be trapped inside the space and pressurize better?

I guess it only helps a little, else my whole neighborhood is included in the "space".
Skylinestar is online now  
Old 07-03-2013, 11:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steve nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post


How would a small wooden door seal up a space and contain the bass? The door allows the air to be trapped inside the space and pressurize better?

I guess it only helps a little, else my whole neighborhood is included in the "space".

No the 3ft opening will let bass/sound-pressure through but not to the extent of a half wall or something like that. This is why I originally suggested not counting it but to know it will affect your bass to a certain degree. So a small wooden door would help seal off that space. As far as the neighborhood goes.. something to know is sound waves travel through walls. Walls deflect to a certain degree but know you can get into trouble if you’re running things to high and the neighbors house is to close. Been there done that many times. wink.gif

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
steve nn is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off