I will be getting a pair of PSB Imagine minis that will be wall mounted in a 17’ x 17’ room using a Harmon Karden AVR2000. Have only had 2 speaker stereo systems in the past. I have never used a sub-woofer and think this could a good addition.
I’ve heard that one sub is sufficient but have read 2 or more is better. So would 2 smaller vs. 1 larger be a better choice? If I go the 2 route can I get one now and the second later? Budget constraints.
Here are the particulars:
1. Your budget – Around $300 if necessary but less is good. (300 for 2 if can get away with it, otherwise one at a time if going that route).
2. Size requirements/limits – Smaller preferred but not required.
3. Room dimensions. 17 x 17 approximately 2500 cubic feet.
4. Primary uses – Mix of music rock to classical and movies. About 50/50
5. Listening habits – Realistically not listening at high volumes.
6. Appearance requirements – Not an issue.
7. Timeframe – Limited. Need to have in hand within the next two weeks.
What recommendations would you make. It was suggested where I got the minis to use one PSB Subseries 1 ($300)