Which Subwoofer(s)? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-02-2013, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been searching the forums and the internet but still haven't found a good compromise from the appreciated and much taked about being broken when received from Newegg Klpsch. I find myself pulled to the much talked about HSU, Rythmik and SVS but definitely don't want to reach that far into my pocket...... My system thus far, the Aperion Grand speakers powered by the Yamaha RXV-675 7.1 receiver and approximately 16x30 - running into a 13x12 size space and have been looking at subwoofer(s) to compliment what I've got going on. I listen to music mostly and then switch to relax mode and watch tv/movies. Is there (flame retardant on) a sub(s) that I should purchase that are on sale/or not that would suit my needs?
I mostly listen to rock/metal and appreciate my JL Audio dual 12's in my four door truck, so any recommendations????

Thank you,

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-02-2013, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtoys View Post

I have been searching the forums and the internet but still haven't found a good compromise from the appreciated and much taked about being broken when received from Newegg Klpsch. I find myself pulled to the much talked about HSU, Rythmik and SVS but definitely don't want to reach that far into my pocket...... My system thus far, the Aperion Grand speakers powered by the Yamaha RXV-675 7.1 receiver and approximately 16x30 - running into a 13x12 size space and have been looking at subwoofer(s) to compliment what I've got going on. I listen to music mostly and then switch to relax mode and watch tv/movies. Is there (flame retardant on) a sub(s) that I should purchase that are on sale/or not that would suit my needs?
I mostly listen to rock/metal and appreciate my JL Audio dual 12's in my four door truck, so any recommendations????

Thank you,

Rick

Can you give us a idea of what is the most you’re willing to spend and if the room has any openings? Kind of sounds like you’re using half of a room?.. but are there any openings at the back of the room?

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
post #3 of 9 Old 07-02-2013, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
It does open up to an additional kitchen and sitting area, appx. 25x30 and to the subs sitting area there is a hallway behind them that opens up to a restroom and down that hall four bedrooms.... Oh no, am I really going to have to consider these also? I'm not an audiophile per say but do enjoy and can tell good acoustics so maybe? I apologize for the ignorance.....I've already (lmao) told the wife about $700 for a good subwoofer so I'm prepared to spend that much and have the significant other not surprised; can it be done? Thank you.....

Rick
post #4 of 9 Old 07-02-2013, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 425
Take a look at PSA and see what you think. http://www.powersoundaudio.com/collections/power-x They imo and many others are the most bang for your $$ sub at this time. smile.gif

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
post #5 of 9 Old 07-02-2013, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
^agreed! Contact Tom V. via email support@powersoundaudio.com there will be some discounted xv15's rolling in on trade for the Triax promotion that should fall in your budget. Not to mention PSA will still offer a 4yr warranty on the trade in subs. I am actually on the list to purchase my third xv15 smile.gif
post #6 of 9 Old 07-04-2013, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Bass, they have a b stock xv15 right now. Does it not match the one you want?

FS- Peavey IPR 2 7500, Art Clean Box Pro, Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 2, Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
post #7 of 9 Old 07-04-2013, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

Bass, they have a b stock xv15 right now. Does it not match the one you want?

nope i need the bass plate version to match my other 2. smile.gif
post #8 of 9 Old 07-04-2013, 11:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Crap man the one I was talking about was a base version. I almost bought it less than two weeks ago. It looks like they might have sold it though, and it sounds like too.

Bummer........

FS- Peavey IPR 2 7500, Art Clean Box Pro, Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 2, Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
post #9 of 9 Old 07-05-2013, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

Crap man the one I was talking about was a base version. I almost bought it less than two weeks ago. It looks like they might have sold it though, and it sounds like too.

Bummer........

Oh yea I seen that one. I almost jumped on it, but I had not made up my mind on which way I wanted to go. Also that xv15 was gone within a couple days...no biggie. Tom will be sending me one out soon as it comes in. He said it should only be a couple of weeks, which is no biggie.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page