Big space to fill... need some suggestions. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-03-2013, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My living room has a sloped ceiling leading up to about 18 in the back and is open to the kitchen. The total cubic feet of the area is around 6000. I currently have an old Velodyne CT-150 that is still faithfully pumping out bass... unfortunately nothing below around 32hz. My hope is to get something that is flat down to at least 20hz.

I currently listen at around -10 below reference and have around 1k to spend on the sub. I have been looking at dual LFM-1 Plus's because it seems that a dual sub configuration would be needed to fill the space. That said I have no problem with only one sub if it can crank out the decibels on the low end. My issue is I am overwhelmed with decisions. The LFM-1 Plus's seem to well received, but when you throw in SVS, PSA, Rythmik etc. it seems the list never stops growing.

I guess the question is do i need two subs or can someone recommend single sub that would meet my needs?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-03-2013, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Do you find the bass to be uneven throughout the room or at the listening position(s) with a single sub? Despite the lack of extension, do you find that the Velodyne has enough output?
post #3 of 6 Old 07-03-2013, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 1581
Based on your budget, I would go dual Rythmik LV12R's for 1070.00 shipped. I think it would be best to have dual subs and possibly keep the velodyne hooked up for smoothing capabilites.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-04-2013, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesando View Post

Do you find the bass to be uneven throughout the room or at the listening position(s) with a single sub? Despite the lack of extension, do you find that the Velodyne has enough output?

There is a small range that is a little on the boomy side at the listening position, but over all it is fairly even. The Velodyne definitely has the output. I have never felt that it wouldn't go loud enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Based on your budget, I would go dual Rythmik LV12R's for 1070.00 shipped. I think it would be best to have dual subs and possibly keep the velodyne hooked up for smoothing capabilites.

Taking a look at the Ryhmik's now. You feel these would provide a stronger lower end than the Outlaws?
post #5 of 6 Old 07-05-2013, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 1581
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb650 View Post

There is a small range that is a little on the boomy side at the listening position, but over all it is fairly even. The Velodyne definitely has the output. I have never felt that it wouldn't go loud enough.
Taking a look at the Ryhmik's now. You feel these would provide a stronger lower end than the Outlaws?

Not the EX ,but I believe they would have the same extension as the plus and have better SQ over both. The EX is a solid sub too, just higher than your budget. However all three options are great and you would probably be happy with any of them. I would do some research, email the companies, and go with that provides the best customer service, warranty, and price.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-05-2013, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 428
+1 on the dual LVR's. Outlaw would be good also! I used to own a couple of CT/CHT-150's... you're going to notice a huge difference in extension and you're really going to like it! wink.gif Be carful trying to integrate the CT though, it will most likely drag your low-end gain down at a certain point.

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page