again here for advices. It seems I am not going to get any subwoofer locally, so I am getting one from the states when I travel in a couple of months.
- My room as mentioned is 35x12x9, but all what I need is good bass for a radius of around 12 feet, because this is where the sitting area is set when watching movies.
- I currently have the ESW-V10 from energy which as per their specs is a 300 watts rms (1200 peak) and can reach 23 Hz. it seems musical enough for me, more or less.
- the preferred sub is better be less then 51 lb in shipping weight in order not to pay a lot for check in baggage.
- the sub should be better then my current energy ESW-V10 ( how much better is a question that would be excellent if someone can answer it when recommending the subs)
- preferred price < USD 400 but might go crazy if I get something that can get low enough at low volumes.
I have as mentioned above was looking at the kilpsch RW-12, but lately I feel like getting something that I can make sure is better then my current sub, so i did think of the svs sb12 nsd, seems small enough and capable but pretty goes above my 400 USD preferred limit, but is it worth it?
Other then that I even thought of DIY with the Dayton Audio RSS460HO 18 inch sub or maybe the 15 inch if someone convinced me to go that "dark side" way as someone mentione here
, but as well am worried about the result of DIY. and the bulkiness of the woofer.
Any advice? something cost effective and worth it?