AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by winwinc81 View Post

Hi Submersive users,

May i know is this beast using LFE connectivity? If not it uses what connectivity? any link that you guys can show me the wires?

Am using SC-LX86 amp... As im pretty new to this sub...so just wanna make sure on the wires connectivity. Tks a mil!

Here's a pic of the amp:

The only input is an XLR connection. It has no RCA inputs, but Mark includes an RCA to XLR adapter with the sub. It has no speaker level inputs, no phase control, no crossovers, or LPF/HPF, only a level control. It is expected that all those other functions reside in the receiver or pre/pro's Bass Management, which your receiver has. In your case, you would connect the RCA to XLR adapter to your receiver's Subwoofer 1output, then an XLR cable from the adapter to the sub.

Craig
winwinc81 likes this.

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 456 Old 03-12-2014, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am tired of scouring the interwebz for this info but does anyone have any real information on the drivers inside this sub setup? Pics, info, etc?

Basement Mancave: Samsung 64F8500 / Marantz SR7007 / Sony BDP-S5100 / ARX A5 / HSU VTF-15H

Upstairs Den: Samsung 58C7000 / Random Samsung Soundbar/ Wireless Sub
post #453 of 456 Old 03-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strjock81 View Post

I am tired of scouring the interwebz for this info but does anyone have any real information on the drivers inside this sub setup? Pics, info, etc?

From the Seaston sumbserive 1 thread page: 225

Link
Seaton Sound SubMersive1 - Page 225

Pictures

A quote from mark
Quote:
The photos of the box assembly process linked previously were more about the somewhat unique process and the design details and planning that went into the assembly. With the process well polished now we can have cabinets reliably produced to meet multiples of current demand. You will also not see many pictures or nitty-gritty details of the amplifier. I sell the SubMersive as a solution to achieve specific results, not just an assembly of parts. The same is true of how I have presented the Catalyst 12C, and in both cases that was done purposely. Much like the range of performance capabilities of the SubMersive, no single part in the SubMersive is exceedingly impressive looking, but the total collection of parts and performance have impressed many.

It is admittedly a deliberate narrative I've chosen to focus on, as there are plenty of products past and current which look like they should or could have compared well with or exceeded what the SubMersive offers. All made different choices in design, optimization and execution which makes for a different end experience when you fire them up in your own system.

I just glanced through various pictures I have filed away related to the SubMersive, and the only pictures of the driver I even have saved are from way back during development. I have repeatedly emphasized that I made the choice to employ 2 quality drivers which I optimized specifically for my use rather than a single monster driver. As such, the driver looks good, but is far from flashy. Some may recall these very early photos from more than 6 years ago alongside some very early prototype cabinets:

As you can see the driver uses the same 12-spoke cast aluminum frame seen on so many of today's subwoofers along with a large diameter spider and a pair of stacked magnets under the rubber "boot". The LAB15 from Eminence was added as a standard offering from Eminence a couple years ago. It shares most cosmetic parts, but has very different parameters as it was intended for bass horn and related pro use. It was added to both advertise what Eminence could build at the 15" size and to help insure the baskets and other unique parts would be kept in the Eminence parts bin for myself and the other manufacturer who was using the similar platform in the pro audio world. The lack of flash and style to the Eminence parts is hugely countered by Eminence being an exceptionally reliable supplier to work with. Over the next few weeks we will finally achieve my goal of keeping 2 or more SubMersive HP's in both black oak and black maple packed and ready to ship the same day. We keep 2-4 dozen SubMersives in our various finishes ready to load with amplifiers and test/pack per order, which makes for a turn around of same or next business day for most items. Those who have followed other internet direct manufacturers know how long or unknown the wait has been or currently is on other products.

Indeed, and it's a great thing to see so many SubMersive owners understanding the same.

I don't recall asking people not to post pictures. So few have had to replace a driver with single digit replacements over 6 years time that there aren't many who have had any reason to open up and take pictures. The replacements have been due to internal glue issues which only were identifiable with extended use. We have yet to see a failure related to extreme use. That's not a challenge guys! It's possible to break most anything with enough creativity. Fortunately I'm pretty creative in this regard myself.
dsrussell likes this.

ShaunH
post #454 of 456 Old 03-13-2014, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you very much. It's nigh impossible to find anything of substance about this setup.

Basement Mancave: Samsung 64F8500 / Marantz SR7007 / Sony BDP-S5100 / ARX A5 / HSU VTF-15H

Upstairs Den: Samsung 58C7000 / Random Samsung Soundbar/ Wireless Sub
post #455 of 456 Old 03-13-2014, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strjock81 View Post

Thank you very much. It's nigh impossible to find anything of substance about this setup.

No, problem your not the only one to be frustrated by lack of info.

ShaunH
post #456 of 456 Old 04-18-2014, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12

i just got my first seaton sub.don't need any measurements,charts,or shinny  brouchures. i hope Mark doesn't waste any money on that bs.

please continue to design,produce,and sell the best sub i have ever heard.i felt guilty leaving doc hsu , after 15 years of using his products.

This sub has a twin on order , and i can't wait.

IF IT WORKS ,DON'T FIX IT !

Thanks Mark for your elegant design,beautiful bass,and affordable STATE OF THE ART.

countryWV likes this.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Seaton Sound Submersive H P , Svs Pb13 Ultra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page